[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I think I fucked up and somehow broke my laptops hard drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
So I think I fucked up and somehow broke my laptops hard drive simply from getting pissed off and banging on the keyboard a bit. Now I just hear some clicking an whirring noises coming from the keyboard and my computer ask me to insert a bootable drive.

I've tried the old freezing trick; playing the drive into the freezer in a ziplock bag for about two hours but it doesn't do shit. If I where to leave in their longer might it do the trick? What if I just tried connecting it to a desktop as a separate drive? I don't really have too many important things on their but I would like to recover what I can without having to send it away and pay for data recovery

What do?
>>
Just accept the fact that your sperging out destroyed your drive. Next time stop, take a deep breath, and count to 10. HTH :)
>>
>>54694269
>posts cute picture
>german keyboard kid in real life

This once happened to me as well, exept that my laptop well down. I also fixed it somehow. Don't know how anymore
>>
>>54694269
If you really want to recover the data I would recommend pirating EaseUS data recovery
>>
>>54694439
>>german keyboard kid in real life

I wasn't even banging it that hard, just sort of hitting the down arrow a bit hard
>>
>>54694572
nigga you hit it so hard your finger went through the keyboard and into the hard drive
>>
>>54694639
I never once said that I made a hole in the damn keyboard. Not even a dent anywhere

Anyway if I where to plug the SATA laptop drive into a desktop computer using sata cables (no enclosure, no usb adapters) could I potentially risk damaging the drive even more?
>>
>>54694871
Depends how fucked the drive is. If things are out of alignment enough, trying to spin it up might be scraping the platters more.
>>
>>54694899
But will the fact that it is receiving more voltages then it normally would from being plugged into a desktop PSU be a problem?
>>
>>54694969
thats the dumbest thing ive heard dont worry it wont destroy the harddrive but as >>54694899
said if things are out of alignment it might fuck up
>>
>>54694269
Retard.
>>
File: msm1.jpg (272 KB, 953x1200) Image search: [Google]
msm1.jpg
272 KB, 953x1200
>sperged out and destroyed his hard drive
>>
I was able to connect the hard drive to my desktop but now the drive is marked as an unallocated drive under disk management. Since I don't want to end up deleting everything on the drive by initiating it is their some way of creating an image backup of the drive?
>>
>>54694269
buy new drive
stop throwing tantrums like a five year old
>>
File: 1463361237440.jpg (3 MB, 2109x2109) Image search: [Google]
1463361237440.jpg
3 MB, 2109x2109
Great job faggot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.