[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR content creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Samsung-GearVR-2015-1.png (159 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-GearVR-2015-1.png
159 KB, 640x357
I'm a Visual Effects and Motion Graphics artist and I'm tired of being poor.

VR is new and the market is apparently hot. I make a living with Adobe After Effects and I'm fairly good at it. I just purchased S7 + gear VR and a 360/3D plugin for After Effects to create some super cool stuff.

Is there any chance for me to make it and get some serious $$$ ?
>>
Since you don't seem to be in the general realm of videogame creation, you're best bet is more of an "experience" type thing. Do you want to go into pure 360 CGI type stuff or manipulating real-world 360 video?
>>
>>54695945
Both, but I will start with CGI only.
>>
Create a 3D picture gallery for Android, so you can walk around between pictures
>>
>>54696785
This might be a great idea!
>>
>>54696834
>>54696785

That sounds awesome !
Are you gonna do it?
>>
File: 1456887530660.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1456887530660.gif
2 MB, 374x254
>>54696868

I literally just bought gear VR 4 hours ago. So I have to learn some shit and figure out how to enter the market.

Also I'm a video producer, and not the best 3D modeler out there. So I'm still thinking of making 360 videos with moving 3D elements. But 3D picture gallery sounds like an awesome idea and I will think about it for sure.

You can see some GIFs I've made here: http://giphy.com/omidpakbin
>>
>>54693616
Nobody is going to pay for "experiences". I suggest you focus your work on publicity and/or movies promotions.
>>
>>54696926
Hi OP
you should check out "speed level design" videos on youtube.

This is as close as I know to "designing experiences," and especially relevant to VR.
>>
>>54697600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2wEURJFTE

Wow, this doesn't seem that hard. Are you saying I should develop trippy / cool apps rather than making videos because people don't pay for videos?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.