[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem that no matter what phone or your specs are,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Why does it seem that no matter what phone or your specs are, Android seems to start lagging and take forever to switch between apps or just have weird issues?

Is there a real answer?
>>
>>54692991
It's a shit os. Still better than iOS
>>
>>54692991
>shitty version of Java
>coded by pajeets
>every app tries to run at startup and update all the time
I abandoned android 2 years ago and went back to a dumb flipphone. To replace the functionality of apps I have a gvoice number that I can send texts to like "weather", "calendar", etc and a script on my server sends a response
>>
>>54693071
this
android is shit, get a buntu phone
>>
Depends on what custom rom you are using, if it is not stock, switch to stock android.
>>
>>54692991
Imagine building your luxurious mansion in middle of poo swamp.
>>
>>54693078
Is not Android N supposed to "fix" these issues by moving away from JIT?
>>
>>54693078
So you trade one inconvenience for a bigger one? Master white race right there.
>>
>>54692991
I use a $40 moto e and it never lags
>>
File: Screenshot_20160516-185148.png (773 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160516-185148.png
773 KB, 1440x2560
Nexus 6p here, got on launch day, with cm 13, never lags
>>
>>54693362
Tradeoffs I guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo
>>
>>54693286
You mean like how M was supposed to revolutionize how Android worked by using ART?

Nothing will happen. All the performance boost you'll see is that you won't get that fucking crappy optimization screen when you reflash your ROM and clean the cache.
>>
File: 1445707976325.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445707976325.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>54693385
Oh shit, I've been memed
>>
>>54693406
this, every time they optimize something in a new version they add a ton of bloat too. It'll never get better. Remember project Volta lol
>>
File: nope.png (558 KB, 727x614) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
558 KB, 727x614
>>54693362
You bought a 6p and put cyanogenmod on it?

lol
>>
File: phone_debate.png (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
phone_debate.png
48 KB, 800x600
>>54693572
Had it on lg g2 til it died. Tried to stick with rooted stock on 6p, but after about 2 weeks couldn't take it. I have my reasons
>>
>>54693286

Android has had an ahead-of-time compiling runtime (ART) since Lollipop. If anything, JIT is coming back in N, to be used in certain cases to cover ART's shortcomings.
>>
>>54692991
>Android seems to start lagging and take forever to switch between apps or just have weird issues?

Unless I get full memory use I never experience any lagging, even with 1.2 4C and 1 GB RAM
Nice meme
>>
>>54692991
What the fuck are you talking about? My 2013 Nexus 5 Is still smooth as a babies balls.
>>
>>54693544

Most "projects" only add a bunch of hacks on top of the existing system. Nobody is really getting their hands dirty trying to improve the performance of the low level code. Want to reduce RAM usage? KitKat: Let's just redefine how often we kill apps and which ones are to be kept alive at all costs. Want better battery life? Doze: let's just ignore wakelocks and force the phone to sleep. Want even better battery life? Doze (N): let's just kill the phone everytime the screen is switched off.

>>54693071

Truth.
>>
>>54693362
You bought a self updating vanilla android device, and loaded cyanogen mod. You sir, are the most autistic anon there ever was.
>>
My note 4 lags when I type using any keyboard. It even takes 3 seconds to open the recent apps menu. And camera takes at least 5 seconds to actually turn on. I wish I had never fell for the Android is great meme.
>>
Whatever happened to Project Butter?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.