[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ i need some help as i'm ripping my hair out trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 20rjq4i.png (559 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
20rjq4i.png
559 KB, 800x674
hey /g/ i need some help as i'm ripping my hair out trying to fix this. so this happened like 3 days ago and it keeps reoccurring every 3 hours or so. if i try to click and drag on my desktop or hover over an icon, these black squares show up on my wallpaper. any idea on a fix? (already reinstalled graphics drivers 3 times)
>>
>>54691108
That image is from the post on tomshardware where the guy suggests you to run SFC /SCANNOW and that fixes the issue.
>>
>>54691383
Too lazy to take my own picture

Tried sfc /scannow and it found nothing wrong. I dont know of anything else to do
>>
>>54691459
Ok. Few questions first.
OS version?
Legal?
Updated?
Antivirus you are using?
What's the graphic card you have and driver version that is installed?

I know this is stupid but have you tried changing the wallpaper or remove it completely?
>>
>>54691520
Windows 10
Updated from disk copy of 8.1
No updates available (up to date)
No antivirus (MalwareByts is the only thing I use)
Nvidia GTX 970 with Driver 365.19
>>
File: IMG_22052016_172634.png (2 MB, 3840x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_22052016_172634.png
2 MB, 3840x1080
>>54691520
Also heres a screen cap of my actual system
>>
>>54691579
>>54691613
Ok, here is the post where the guy has the same EXACT issue as you do :
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/4465-73-weird-desktop-glitch

One user blames it on wallpaper and other on a possible virus infection. Is there a chance you downloaded something fishy? You can download "Autoruns" or "Process Explorer" (both are made by Microsoft) and check. I would suggest to scan the PC for malware during boot or in safe mode.While in Safe Mode you can also see if this error happens.
>>
>>54691707
Nothing ive downloaded is fishy at all. Just a couple of linux distros for a VM. Ive changed my wallpaper and i'll see if that fixes it, if not, i'll try and scan my PC for anything unusual
>>
That's just Microsoft's contentID in debug mode. Just open up MSBoB and turn it off.
>>
>>54691858
Good luck, I'm a bit tired so I can't really help you that much.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.