[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying my first TV Got my first full time job and I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 4204502_sd.jpg (56 KB, 642x550) Image search: [Google]
4204502_sd.jpg
56 KB, 642x550
Buying my first TV

Got my first full time job and I'll finally be able to afford to watch movies on a screen other than a shitty laptop.
Thinkin of getting pic related. Any suggestions? Is it even worth getting a nice TV if I'm gonna be watching torrents from my laptop through an HDMI?
>>
>>54689485
>Got my first full time job

you must be over 18 to post here
>>
>>54689493
Not him, but only on certain boards.
>>
>>54689485
AT least get a decent brand, like lg.
>>
>>54689493
you got your first full time job before you were 18?
are you a high school dropout?
>>
>>54689537
LG and Samsung are a little pricier, and I'd rather spend that money on a better sound system
>>
>>54689485
buy a plasma
the viewing angles
the refresh rate
the input lag is generally far better
the response time is always far better

oh wait that's right LCD killed it and you can no longer buy gods gift to humanity, because of retarded consumers believing the pimple ridden sales reps at bestbuy who were forced on insisting on only LCDs.

YAY CAPITALISM!
>>
>>54689485
yeah i really dont see the point of buying a 'smart' tv when you can just put in a dongle and make a dumb TV smart.

'Smart' =Idiot tax
>>
>>54689485
After you get the TV, download AVS HD and calibrate every HDMI input!
Dynamic or Vivid modes are made to catch your eye at the store, not to look correct.
>>
>>54689934
plasma was a shit technology. deprecated and superceded.
>>
this is one of the best TVs out there

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M55-C2-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00T63YW38
>>
>>54689512
Actually no, read the global rules
>>54689485
Just get the biggest non-"smart" TV you can afford
>>
What about Sony TVs?
>>
>>54689485
>watching torrents from my laptop through an HDMI?

Disgusting, get a proper media server setup.
>>
>>54689972
Because they're not sold as such in most stores. When I bought my 60", a "smart" 3DTV that has features I'll never use, there were no dumb tvs available practically anywhere and the ones that were around were overpriced with terrible resolution. I still use chromecast with it because the dongle works better than the mess that is miracast.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.