[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rooted Apps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: htc10.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
htc10.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Just flashed my T-Mobile HTC 10 to the international version to get the latest updates. Also put TWRP and rooted it.

What are the essential rooted apps/xposed modules these days? My previous phone was a Note 3 that i had forever but never rooted it.
>>
So far I've got Adaway, and some YouTube Xposed modules to block ads and allow background play.
>>
f.lux
>>
>>54688572

f.lux or twilight?
>>
>>54688493
What are the names of those modules?

Also gravity box from xposed as well as maxlock are both nice for security and customize ability
>>
>>54688346
>>>/spg/

Fucking retard.
>>
Is xposed safe?
>>
>>54691534
No, it's not. When you are rooting your phone, you are messing with some kind of internal structure - it could have been working before you gained elevated access, but after that nothing is really known.
On top of that, xposed modules are modifying how application works, so they can also do malicious things.
The thing is, that if you want to stay as safe as possible, you shouldn't root your phone, just encrypt it and pray to teh lord that the company which made it haven't screwed anything
>>
>>54691699
how to stop all ads without root?
>>
>>54691741
Install fdroid and use NewPipe
>>
>>54691812
>NewPipe
NewPipe is a lightweight YouTube front-end
how does that remove ads system wide without root?
>>
>>54691699
Open source root manager is better than SuperSu? I have been logging internet connections from one month and have firewall installed. SuperSu didn't even try to connect to internet.
>>
>>54691699
I agree that I can't know what SuperSu and other root apps are doing behind the stage. SuperSu has full logging option but I don't think it logs all the stuff.
>>
>>54691741
I think you cannot. You are either rooting and abusing security, or watching ads.
Or, there is a third way: don't use/pay for apps that have ads.

>>54692309
>>54692556
Well, actually I'm not meaning, that SuperSu or any other app is abusing security per se.
Yes, that may be possible, but no one knows for sure, and I'm not gonna judge this. I personally use SuperSu too, so I'm not secure either.
What I meant is that the whole rooting process may create a huge hole in system's security. Android „is” Linux, right, but the system is clearly stating: „if you want proper root access, go to proper Linux”.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.