[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>install windows 7 to do some c# development >for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Win10-no.png (31 KB, 992x624) Image search: [Google]
Win10-no.png
31 KB, 992x624
>install windows 7 to do some c# development
>for some reason the whole os needs to update before I can use visual studio

>7 hours after first putting the install disk in
>still applying updates for windows

Why the fuck does anyone use this meme os?
>>
you're to blame for not dling murphy's win7 image with latest updates (spying ones excluded)
>>
>>54687582
>use OS as distributed by it's publisher
>I'm to blame

winfags everyone
>>
>>54687626
you obviously didn't get the latest image
>>
100% user error if it takes that long. unless you are giving the machine 1 core and 1 gig of ram on a 5400rpm drive, it should only take maybe 2 hours max to fully update, with most of the time spent waiting for that huge 120 update block to complete.

that is how long it takes for me to spin up a vm using a fresh RTM non-sp1 image
>>
>>54687656
>haswell i7
>16GB of ram
>SSD
>50Mbps internet

no
>>
>>54687656
Windows Update tends to shit itself when downloading and installing tons of updates at a time and often gets stuck indefinitely.
>>
>>54687656
>fresh RTM non-sp1 image
Might try this, from personal experience with an official W7 Sp1 image it takes fucking forever no matter the hardware, mostly because svchost.exe gets stuck at 25% CPU usage for hours.

Now i use WSUS Offline Update to do that, uncheck the botnet telemetry updates and call it a day, takes like 20-30 mins to get a fully updated system.
>>
>>54687566
You did fresh install but didnt use this?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/05/17/simplifying-updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1/
>>
>>54687566
>installing the latest visual studio in windows 7
Just get VS2012 and don't look back. There's absolutely no reason to have any later version of visual studio if you're not using w8 or later.
>>
>>54687953
>now with non-removable telemetry botnet
>>
>>54687566
theres maybe 10 people on /g/ who daily drive windows

no one takes them seriously
>>
>>54687931
Do you have a list of updates you use or article/guide for that ? I need to use Windows next week and I'm a bit rusty., so I'll reinstall it.
>>
>>54688627
Just use http://wsusoffline.net like anon recommended.
>>
>>54688690
I was planning to do that but
>uncheck the botnet telemetry updates
I don't know these new updates, only GWX. Last time I used Windows was over 2 years ago.
>>
You do you. I mean, if you want to worry about five updates that the anons say are bad, then you may as well worry about the 200 updates that may also be bad. Then you should worry about just the stock system botnet capabilities.

Overall: just get laid. Then you'll stop worrying.
>>
>>54688801
>just get laid
too much hassle i'd rather install gentoo
>>
>>54687669
if the machine is fine then it is still 100% your own fault, you are probably using some garbage piratebay iso

>>54687846
NEVER have had that happen. only seen it take maybe 30 minutes max to check for updates if the machine is slow and hasnt been updated in a while.

still ages better than the xp update system which would break out of nowhere and require all sorts of fuckery to get working again
>>
>>54688801
I'll rather masturbate and have 23:57 of the day remaining to shitpost. Sex and relationships are exhausting anon.
>>
>>54687566
Windows used to be a shitty OS

Now windows 10 is a shitty Botnet
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.