[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw programming is boring and you can't stay focused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: boogermaster.jpg (13 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
boogermaster.jpg
13 KB, 300x200
>tfw programming is boring and you can't stay focused and engaged long enough to be able to code to learn a language
>>
>>54687420
Obviously its not for you, move on.
>>
Programming isn't boring. You're just a fucking among who can't come up with a productive idea to implement that's feasible for your skill level, so you read Webschools PHP tutorials until your eyes bug out of your water-filled skull.
>>
>>54687420
Make a geimu http://pastebin.com/AcmcNzMX
>>
>>54687462
mong*
>>
>>54687462
>Webschools PHP tutorials

Udemy actually - $20 java courses
>>
>>54687420

It sounds like you're just programming for the sake of programming, which is ass-backwards.

Find something you actually want to make (a video game is a typical pick), and focus on that
>>
>>54687420
Congrats, you're too smart to learn programming.

Go do something else and don't waste your life writing computer code in front of a screen.
>>
>>54687420
You just haven't found something you're interested in programming yet.

The better you get, the more fun it becomes(since you can make dreams into reality)
>>
>>54687420
Learning to programming is boring. Actually programming and working on something is not.
>>
>>54687462
This desu
Staring at syntax tutorials is hell, just get the basics and start a project of some kind, you'll learn the rest of what you need as you find the need for it.
>>
>>54687483

Thanks anon. This has been an on and off thing for years and I'm arriving at the realization that the most that ever interests me about this stuff is maybe front end web design.
>>
Just make a virus that infects people so art phones through text messages stupid
>>
>tfw too depressed and have no motivation to program
>>
Programming actually is boring. What's interesting are the problems that programming allows you to solve. If you're not solving an interesting problem, you're going to be bored out of your skull.
>>
>>54687587
I am sorry if this sounds blunt and I wish I knew a more gentle way to tell you this, but I used to be depressed (or more than I am now at least) just because I did nothing with my life. Once I started doing something it was easier to do more amd more positive things and get better at them, which made me less depressed. My depression was almost completely based on the fact that I felt unacomplished.
>>
>>54687481
>Find something you actually want to make
I have an idea for an iOS app, not a game, mostly menu-based interface with reminders, where should I start?
>>
>>54687825
This.
>>
>>54687462
>>54687500
>get productive idea
>can map it out logically
>can't actually program it because i don't know any languages
you've got to sit through one of those terrible tutorials at some point
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.