[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IPv6 Connection Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Nearly every time I turn on my computer in the morning, my internet is sluggish. When I check the status I always see that my IPv6 has "No Internet Access"

When I click diagnose, it tells me that I am correctly configured, but my DNS may not be responding. It may automatically reset my connection but sometimes it doesn't, and usually when it does this it doesn't fix.

The only "fix" that works is if I keep disabling and re-enabling my internet until both IPv4 and IPv6 say "Internet." Though sometimes this can take up to an hour, in which I will also restart my computer with varying success. I have also at times tried the various CMD things like flush dns and all that, little permanent success.

All I want is to be able to turn on my computer and not have to do this anymore, any ideas?

Wired Connection to Cisco DPQ3212 Docsis 3.0
Windows 10
Realtek PCEi FE Family Controller: Driver Version 10.8.311:2016 (this problem has occurred over various driver versions)
>>
>>54687264
I blocked my IPv6 address from the firewall
>>
>>54687373
What? Is this a solution? How do I do that with Windows Firewall.. but doesn't the address change every time so wouldn't that be pointless?
>>
>>54687264
There is actually already a thread about this problem!

>>51971506
>>
If you dont need IPv6 for anything, just block it.
>>
>>54687264
turn off ipv6 and try changing the dns servers
>>
>>54687264
why are you using ipv6? your isp will provide you with an ipv4 address. You can't interchange the two unless you are running NAT
>>
>>54687516
iduno, I know little about this. From what I gather some sites a starting to require connection to both?

Even when connected and have access to internet with IPv4 and not IPv6, some sites are still sluggish, indicating to me I need to have both working.. is this wrong?
>>
>>54687549
That is 100% wrong, my ISP doesn't even offer IPv6 outside of business lines that request it.
>>
>>54687549
Addresses don't make the network slow unless they are incorrect addresses for that network. In most cases they wont even work at all
>>
>>54687563
well fuck me then I'll just disable the damn thing from now on.

thanks for info people, thanks for nothing constant changing internet technology.
>>
>>54687637
It will come into play in the next several years as we are out of IPv4 addresses to give out. But 99% of websites are accessible over IPv4, so it shouldnt matter unless you're working directly with an IPv6 only address.
>>
>>54687735
Well then my main problem may still come into play in the future unless I just get a new computer by then.

Every time I turn my computer on in the morning my IPv6 has no internet access. None of any of this would be a problem I suppose if it were connected, obviously.
>>
>>54687788
i'd chock it up to your ISP at this point. If it's really an issue call them up and ask, they'd know more about their internal network configuration than I would.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.