[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can more companies (when they get everything right) practice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: pic.png (29 KB, 786x315) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
29 KB, 786x315
Can more companies (when they get everything right) practice the ideology "If it ain't broke don't fix it?" Let's consider a few examples:

Windows: Seven is obviously the most well-known after XP, and rather than add-in the features of 8 like the Windows App store, the sleeker task manager, the Windows Defender that works, and things along that line to make their OS better they just create an entirely "new" OS that's just shittier than the last. Don't get me started on 10.

Google: I guess google wants to innovate or something because when you now use google on mobile devices they show trending searches of the day. Why anyone would need this is beyond me, when you're on google you're obviously there to search for something specific, so for it to give you recommendations based on what other people are searching is retarded. Just have an analytic of the day or some shit in a different webpage if you really care that much.

I could go on too, like Twitter, Facebook, pretty much any company that has their product down nearly perfect but corporate thinks they need to innovate to stay relevant. Does /g/ agree?
>>
Because money. They do need to innovate, or their stock will lose value. Nobody would want to invest in a company that isn't trying to find more profitable methods, because then the only way to go is down.
>>
>>54685060
they make money when people upgrade to newest shiny so they will never follow this principle. based japan does though. people there still use XP
>>
>>54685060
>blaming it on corporate
constant improvement is the name of the game. your end goal, is someones starting point.
>>
>>54685127
>XP
>Based
>2016
Japan still uses XP because they don't give two shits about computers for the most of them.
>>
>>54685117
How do you explain Apple? The pinnacle of capitalism and is going down. When are they going to figure out that no one company can be an ever increasing profit making machine?
>>
>>54685897
>Apple
>the pinnacle of capitalism
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54685956
He didn't even know what he meant. He's just trying to sound like he has a really analytical mind so he can pretend that he's the only smart person on /g/. It's sort of like when people talk about changing culture to sound like they're social critics when they're really just retarded and high as fuck.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.