[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does windows "telemetry" collect from you? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 223_S1Ep4 (1).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
223_S1Ep4 (1).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What does windows "telemetry" collect from you?
Does it really matter if they see what you do?
ITT:
>We discuss the OS/Distro and Browser + Extensions you use for anonimity
>Also possible discussion of Snowden, PRISM etc

Let the weight off your chest /g/
>>
>>54683844
Does it really matter if I see what you do? Come on, man. Let me into your house. I promise I'll only masturbate occasionally to you sleeping.
>>
File: 1463598865620.png (68 KB, 1010x593) Image search: [Google]
1463598865620.png
68 KB, 1010x593
>>54683844
there's another clause in the EULA that basically says "and we can share this with third parties if we want to for any reason, and you consent to let us do that"

and really even if you decide that you're okay with MS seeing all this information, you still shouldn't give it to them, because MS could turn around and use it differently or maliciously tomorrow, or sell it to a third party that does. and once you've given them information, they never forget, so you don't have to worry about "Is this company malicious now", you have to worry about "could they possibly be malicious in the future?", the answer to which is always yes.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Is it too late for me to go full Linux + FOSS?
Has the NSA collected every info about me?
Will the old data they collected eventually be deleted?
>>
Windows 10 is fine, ignore the communist Linux shills
>>
>>54684088
you can't take back what Google and the NSA already know, but it's never too late to stop telling them more.
>>
>>54683844

Meta data are EVERYTHING nowadays.

Like one TLA guy said: "we kill people based on meta data".

Just wait.
Skynet is in the making.
>>
>>54683844

Nothing more than what Apple and Google collect. It's probably less if you opt out of everything during install, something you can't do on iOS and Android.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>54684870
I literally might do so
>>
>>54683902
>so you don't have to worry about "Is this company malicious now", you have to worry about "could they possibly be malicious in the future?", the answer to which is always yes
Is any Linux distribution malicious now? No. Could they possibly be in the future? Yes. I hope you posted this from Haiku.
>>
>>54684943
All of them, I work for Microsoft and most developers for Linux are paid to install back doors on their OS
>>
>>54684943

The difference is that most linux distros don't report data back to a central server so you don't have to worry about them having data already once they turn evil, you just have to stop using it if they start.
>>
>>54685232
Most used ones do by default.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.