[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LG G3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: LG G3.jpg (129 KB, 1278x852) Image search: [Google]
LG G3.jpg
129 KB, 1278x852
Looking into getting an LG G3
any anons have one?

pros
>$200 on ebay
>Removable battery and SD card, meaning i can use a zerolemon extended battery EZ
>looks decent
>NFC And Qi charging
>seems to have good dev support, CM13 builds are out there and it'll be upgradeable to android 6

what's the catch?
>>
>crickets
>>
>>54680153
I watched LG G series and honestly , I believe they are really trying to become new Samsung or Iphone(all knowing name for normies).
So they give a little more for less, considering they are not pure chinkphones.
Also, look at some models of Lenovo, really great cellphones in their paygrade.
>>
Posting from a g3. The only "problems" I've came across were
>phone gets absurdly hot
>audio being play/paused whenever a headphone cable is slightly moved. This is fixed by using headphones with an in line mic. Also noted that this will because problems when using aux cords as google now will pop up every 5 seconds.
>Qi charging requires a different backplate
>>
There isn't a catch. The G3 is a fantastic phone and I would still be using it if I could get it on my current network. I use the G4 now and it's a the G3 with slightly better specs.
>>
>>54680153
I have an LG G3. It gets pretty darn hot. That's my only complaint, other than the battery life, which is my fault anyway.
>>
>>54680153
Get a G4, they are $260ish new.
Pray to get a model without the faulty motherboard, or just ask for a exchange if you get a model number affected.

>Lenovo, really great cellphones in their paygrade.
At least you didnt recommend a chinkshit.
>>
>>54680153
I have a g3, battery life is fucking awful
>>
>>54680265
Uninstall facebook and snapchat normie.
>>
>>54680153
My father has G3, the screen colours look a little washed out if the brightness isn't at max
>>
>>54680153
>what's the catch?
It doesn't run webOS.
>>
I like my G3, but the battery (and phone) is a year old and the battery life is already annoyingly low (even with Greenify and Amplify configured). You'll be fine with a zerolemon but whatever case you get to house it won't come with NFC or Qi support.
>>
Build is flimsy, dents can be aquired easily

t. G3 owner
>>
i sold it for a Oneplus two a couple weeks ago.

Its a great phone, hard to fault. It should have had a 1080p screen, its 95% as sharp while using less power and generating less heat. Also, the proprietary camera framework makes third party AOSP-based firmware camera performance terrible, with the stock firmware, the camera is pretty good.

LG is pretty good with updates these days, so its really hard to not recommend it for the price point
>>
>>54680153
I'm a fan, have a custom AOSP rom.

Literally only complaint is that the processor on it doesn't support AES very well so full disk encryption have a large impact on performance.

Other than that 10/10
>>
>>54680153
I had one and it died after 4 months.

Not really a spectacular phone, go with something chink like oukitel or xiaomi.
>>
the GPU is a bit weak for 2560x1440

good phone but I'd say redmeme is better at $200 pricepoint. Coworker actually has a G3 and kinda wants to "upgrade" to my redmi note 3 pro because of the battery life.
>>
Do a favor to yourself. DO NOT buy this phone,i sold mine after 10 months after i bought it.
Why?Here's why

>it gets extremely hot at times
And by "at times" i mean that this fucking thing gets hot while messaging.Absolutely unacceptable (Sometimes i found myself putting my phone back on the desk due to the temperature,it was kinda discomfortable to hold it in my hands)

>Lag
Do not expect a lagfree phone.Like,not at all.

>Battery life
It's just..not good. 3hrs sot on good days.If you get this phone,plan on buying a decent battery bank,too.

>The screen
Now,the screen might looks GORGEOUS (and indeed it does) but the 2k resolution sucks processor performance and battery power like there's no tomorrow (and makes the phone overheat)

>Music glitching and audio jack problems
I used this phone as my main portable music player,and i had this disturbing problem that the music glitched like hell at times with poweramp (but as well with other players) and the audo jack derps out if you plug certain types of cables (some three poles jacks will give no problems,some will make the phone go crazy,constant play-pause of music,random activation of google now,volume going up and down...awful stuff)

>Dev support
Ok,THERE'S dev support,but,trust me,i've not been able to find a decent cm rom that didn't froze in minutes after booting.
Also,camera quality in CM rom is awful,it feels like having a 2011 smartphone camera.
Battery life in Cm roms is worse than EVER.
If i have to raccomend a rom,go for the Cloudy G3 2.5 ,it's still on Lollipop 5.0,but it's stable as fuck

Do yourself a favor,buti a Redmeme 3 Pro or a note 3 pro.Just got a 3 pro circa a week ago,and i'm pretty much loving it.Excellent battery life,good performance,and if you can deal with waiting circa 10 days for installing a debloated rom,it's absolutely gorgeous
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.