[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be an end to this stupid huge phone trend? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: motorola-moto-g4-plus-r1.jpg (68 KB, 610x600) Image search: [Google]
motorola-moto-g4-plus-r1.jpg
68 KB, 610x600
Will there ever be an end to this stupid huge phone trend? I'm pretty interested in the Moto G4 plus, but fuck that, it's too damn big. If it was an inch shorter and narrower, it'd be literally perfect.

I have a Moto G3, and I'm sick and tired of always dropping my phone, having to stretch my fingers like a gymnast to reach the notification bar or tab button on my web browser. I don't like using two hands on my phone, and honestly, I don't like them in my pockets. I mainly wear loose fitted jeans with pockets big enough to hold a 1 Liter bottle of Coke, but it doesn't mean I like doing so.

As much as I despise Apple, I secretly hope their iPhone SE is successful enough to start a trend of high-end modest-sized phones again.
>>
>inb4 le manlet
>>
5.5 inches is the sweet spot

put down the liter of cola and use your other hand
>>
>>54680440
Anything past 4.7 requires a different grip and might as well be a fucking tablet, it'll be just as unusable. You're just used to it.
>>
Well there's the iPhone SE. And the Xperia z5 compact. So you're pretty much covered unless you like Windows Phone I guess (or is there a high end, smaller WP out?).
>>
Check chinksung galaxy A
>>
>>54680486
I don't like Apple products period and there's a lot on Android/Cyanogen that I can do that the iPhone can't. Secondly, Sony doesn't sell their phones in the US anymore and getting them overseas is not worth the price.
>>54680487
Not touching a TouchShit with a ten-foot pole.
>>
>>54680457
Once you get a bigger phone and become used to it anything else seems to tiny and hard to read
>>
>>54680614
I own a 5.2 one, would ditch it in a heartbeat were there a similarly specced smaller version.
>>
>>54680614
Seek a doctor, anon.
>>
Geinuine question to people with huge phones. How do you carry them around comfortably? I could fit one to a pocket on my jeans, but then I probably couldn't bend my leg up so I couldn't sit properly.
>>
>>54680952
i keep it in my european man bag
>>
>>54680952
note 4 user here, I keep mine in my pocket and have never had any sort of problem
I don't really keep much with me, though, so your average edc-tier autist wouldn't be able to deal with it
>>
>>54680974
>>54681022
I'm probably gonna get something a little larger that 5 inches for my next phone, seems like a good balance between usability and screen size. Currently on a galaxy s5 mini, the small size makes it really easy to use one handed, but sometimes I wish the screen was larger. Kind of crazy to think that a few years ago this phone would have been considered big, but by todays standards it's tiny.
>>
I'm with you, nikka.
4" and 4.5" handle a lot better with a single hand.
Too bad I went to a 5" because smaller phones were not worth the price.
Moreover, tablets are a lot better for browsing, with 4" or 5" you can browse or look at documents, but it's always too small for a good use.
>>
>>54680147
it's already starting. iphone se and then htc, samsung have been making smaller versions of the same device. google nexus 5 remake, etc.
in another two years you'll probably see more companies making smaller phones since people like them better hand sized.

it's always going to go back and forth until smart watches or whatever new invention catches on.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.