[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get the best picture quality out of a composite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_0279.jpg (634 KB, 1825x1763) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0279.jpg
634 KB, 1825x1763
How does one get the best picture quality out of a composite video source?
>>
with a capture card or dvd recorder
>>
I personally would just capture it as-is, but make sure it's uncompressed (or high bitrate).
You really can't do much to improve it (many filters to remove things like chroma-dots will only soften the picture).

If it's Never The Same Colour (NTSC), make sure you have the hue right. That's really all you can do.
>>
>>54679936
>>54679943
Thanks, but I mainly mean for real-time viewing. Some of my laserdiscs I intend to capture digitally, but most are already available in superior digital (U)HD formats. I still like to watch them for the novelty of watching an analog video format on an LP-sized disc, but the scaler in my HDTV is really awful.
>>
>>54680011
i'd probably pick up an old crt sdtv if you want to play the laserdiscs in realtime
>>
>>54680011
If you want the full novelty, try and pick up a cheap second hand CRT from the classifieds.

Anything post-CRT will butcher the picture of a composite source.

>>54680022
haha
snap bro
>>
>>54680030
>>54680022
I've got a PVM, but it's way too small to watch movies on.

Maybe I could get an old analog projector, because a CRT big enough to watch movies on would take up far too much space.
>>
>>54680221
I personally just use a 34cm one.
It's one of the sizes which would have been prevalent when laserdiscs were still a thing.
Maybe aim for a 51cm one.

Televisions aren't meant to be 6m wide and 4m tall. All picture is gonna look shit at that size.
>>
>>54680246
Hello Pierre
>>
File: .jpg (1 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
1 MB, 3648x2736
>>54680221
my 20" crt tele is fine for watching 4:3 media on imo

pic related, 21.6" lcd next to a 20" sdtv
>>
>>54679889
I read "su" and automatically thought "su pa mario"....then it actually was that. I was surprised.
>>
>>54683192
>CAST
>MARIO
>LUIGI
>KOOPA
>DAISY
>>
File: smugsegata.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
smugsegata.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>54679889
Open it up, bypass composite and get the raw RGB, record it with capture card.
>>
>>54681672
Who's pierre?
>>
>>54684824
not going to do much if anything, laserdisc stores a an analog composite stream on the disc itself
>>
>>54684824
>get the raw RGB
>from a laserdisc
Are you some kind of retarded?
>>
>>54679889
Get a Laserdisc player with a good composite video out, and a television with a good composite video decoder.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.