[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggest me a game engine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 292x173
Hey guys I want to create a script heavy JRPG that is 2D.

I want to be able to have lots of freedom but not have a super performance heavy game engine. Any suggestions? I thought about using Unreal engine 4 but i'm not sure if it is well optimized for 2D games...

Even though its 2D I also want it to look good (1080p etc)
>>
>>54678931
rpg maker xp and up.
>>
>>54678943
is VX ace good? I got that one on sale
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>54678931
T-this ... maybe belongs in
>>>/vg/agdg/
But anyway
what platforms are you targeting
mouse & keyboard or joystick
mobile ??
>>
>>54679261
Mouse and keyboard senpai
>>
You can do a decent one on RPG Maker VX Ace but that will depend on how much time you invest on making something that is not the stupid $2 market of indie RPGs on Steam.

There's only a handful of good ones out there and there are good reasons for it.
>>
>>54678931
2D engines are almost all shit and you don't wanna use a 3D engine full of features like Unreal 4 (or that Unity shit). Grab a language, a 2d library and make your own. C++ and SDL2/SFML/Allegro and integrated Lua if you want scripting could be a good start
>>
>>54680894
was gonna say that.
It is more satisfying to create your own game from scratch, thinking about the algorithms etc. than using something that already exist.
>>
>>54678931
Why don't you use RPG Maker MV?

It's newer, better graphics, can port your games to mobile and HTML5 easily and you can use JavaScript to customize your games.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.