[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best companies to get an internship at?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Unknown.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
CS major wanting to get an internship in summer 2017. What companies are good
>>
>>54676961
>working for free
>>
>>54676981
CS internships are generally paid. MSR paid me ~9k/month last summer. might still have my W-2 if you need proof, but honestly anyone who's worked in tech or was capable of googling should know this...

as for OP, it depends on what you want to do. if you're interested in AI related stuff FAIR is doing some cool stuff in NYC. microsoft's product side might be doing some interesting stuff with Bing, but MSR is generally where the cool AI stuff is at.

See this is totally unhelpful without anything to know about you except that you know to look 1+ year ahead (for those that don't know anything about tech internships (like >>54676981 i guess), summer internships are often sorted out as early as October the previous year).
>>
>>54676961
Location? Anything you are particularly interested in?
>>
>>54676981
>thinking CS internships are unpaid

I got paid more as a bloomberg FSD intern than as a salaried software engineer at botnetco
>>
>>54677006
Thanks for the info. I'm not really sure what I want to do. I feel as if my classes have not prepared me to make anything other than some contrived school programs. I've programmed in C, C++ and Java.
>>
>>54677015
California. Willing to go anywhere, however.
>>
>>54677034
i couldn't really give you suggestions for undergrad stuff. all of the internships i've done have been research-oriented, so i "interviewed" with people (these were very low-stress conversations so i don't feel like they qualified as interviews) knowing what i wanted to do.

the best thing to do is to go to career fairs at your university and talk to people. get someone at the career counseling office to give your resume a once over early on and iterate on it.

people look for subtle meaning in resumes, even when there is none, so it'll behoove you to make sure it looks good.
>>
>>54676981
I start mine in 2 weeks in the Boston area and it is $29/hr
>>
>>54677117
what company?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.