[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /g/ i'm fucking done with memefox. Should I try Pale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1460625405705.jpg (37 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1460625405705.jpg
37 KB, 433x380
Ok /g/ i'm fucking done with memefox.

Should I try Pale Moon (is 64bits worth it?) or another fork?

>inb4 chrome or vivaldi
>inb4 install gentoo
>>
>>54676303
Firefox is great. I started using meme browsers only to realise firefox is the best there is
>>
Vivaldi is shit, Chromium is OK.
Waterfox is OK if you're willing to work around the bloat.
I don't know much about Pale Moon
>>
Pale moon isn't bad. Not very fancy but gets the job done. Only downside is that you have to use old versions of most extensions.
>>
File: IMG_20160522_010747.jpg (164 KB, 720x1125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_010747.jpg
164 KB, 720x1125
>>54676303
>not using based lynx
>>
>>54678267
>using cli browser on an imageboard
>imageboard
>image
ok
>>
>>54678291
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>54676303
I used to use ff and only downloaded palemoon for when I wanted to open a web browser really quickly and look something up or open a html file -- that was a couple of months ago, and now I do all my browsing with palemoon, I don't even know how it happened. It's just so light and zippy.

Three downsides I've noticed:
1) no html5 support for mp4 (webm works fine) I dunno why, so I have to either put the uri in my video player or, if it's a big thread of mp4s, open it in firefox. It's on those occasions that I realise how slow it is compared to palemoon.
2) add-on compatibility isn't great -- you'll be able to use all your basic security & productivity add-ons, but as another anon said they might be old versions and I've found that more niche ones probably won't be supported.
3) security updates are nowhere near as regular as in firefox, so there's the question of exploits going unnoticed etc because the dev team is so tiny

there's no harm in downloading a couple of different alternatives and just trying them, like, two or three days of each for a week, and see how you feel at the end. It's just software, you can wipe all the runners-up once you decide on a winner
>>
those other browsers are even more memetastic
>>
>>54676303
>i'm fucking done with memefox.
>Should I try <meme browser>?
>>
File: 683px-Justice.png (199 KB, 350x354) Image search: [Google]
683px-Justice.png
199 KB, 350x354
>>54676303
seamonkey isnt a bad browser
tbqh firefox is still one of the best browsers out there

it may not be the fastest, but let's be honest if you have time to post on the chan you probably dont have anything else really going on, so you dont need those extra 30 seconds a day do you? DO YOU REALLY? >_>
>>
>>54678291
Try w3m then
>>
>>54678880
<_> haha
>>
>>54676303
>palememe

not using icecat
>/g/ no longer cares about being free
>>
>I'm fucking done with firefox, should I install the firefox developed by a furry NEET?

laughed desu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.