[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tie vs Jets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Tie-Bomber: 850 km/h Vs SR-71A Blackbird:3529 km/h
Tie-Fighter:1200 Km/h Vs Mikojan MiG-25 :3350 km/h

Who win?
>>
>>54673855
It don't matter
None of this matters
>>
>>54673855
TIEs really aren't made for atmospheric operation, as they'd need shields to reach high speeds. Shielded fighters have similar LISTED speeds, but those are based on how much drag force the structure can tolerate - with shields they can go much faster.
>>
File: oinkoink.png (400 KB, 399x520) Image search: [Google]
oinkoink.png
400 KB, 399x520
>>54673855
Bad taste won after I rekt your mom's ass last night. Good God, fuck me those were some really loud porker noises when she came.
>>
>>54673855
bump yo'self fool, bump yo'self
>>
Considering Blackbird isn't even a combat plane...
>>
>>54673855
1 - SR71 top speed and ceiling are still classified, but believed to be at the limits of physics (believed to be somewhere north of 4500KM/h)
2 - The SR71 is NOT a combat aircraft, and arguably not even a warplane (camera and sensors only)
3 - A10, because brrraaappp!
>>
The TIE Fighter can accelerate at 4,100 G though.
>>
>>54674198
>TIEs really aren't made for atmospheric operation
/Someone/ never played Rogue Squadron
>>
>>54673855
SR-71s are recon jets, not bombers or fighter craft, so I'm not sure what the point of comparing it is.
>>
>>54676593
>>54677355
not like it cant be experimented with
>>
>>54677480
that would require more precise tools and R&D. Most likely would be the technologically advanced aircraft to date and there would be like what 3 of them? They'd be unproven.
>>
except tie-bombers run off of solar panels and don't fall out of the sky when they run out of fuel

tfw too much tie-fighter-for-dos
>>
>>54676593
>1 - SR71 top speed and ceiling are still classified, but believed to be at the limits of physics (believed to be somewhere north of 4500KM/h)
The Blackbird's speed was mostly limited by heat in the engine and across the canopy and fuselage. At Mach 3.2 the engines were already basically operating like ramjets, so pushing it faster for short periods would be easy. Considering none of them were ever shot down it seems likely they could fly above Mach 4 if it was necessary.
>>
>>54677172
They can fly in the atmosphere but they can't maneuver like they can in space.

Intercepters do better in the atmosphere.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.