[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xeon thread? Xeon thread Thinking of dumping a e5-26xx v3 E
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: xeon_rgb_1670.png (486 KB, 2247x1798) Image search: [Google]
xeon_rgb_1670.png
486 KB, 2247x1798
Xeon thread? Xeon thread

Thinking of dumping a e5-26xx v3 ES into a Asrock extreme4 because their fucking cheap 10 core overclockable for under $500

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme4/?cat=CPU

Some legit ones floating around ebay from japan

Current build is giving me the shits and i want to change back to 2011v3 after being with 1366 for ages
>>
G-good for you, I guess.
>>
Probably better off getting a used 4930k.
>>
>>54668549
With a CPU general already floating around you felt the need to make a super specific sub-general when you know there are only like 2 other people that are interested in having an at length discussion involving this lone topic (and apparently not even 2 people because your retarded thread flopped immediately). Why not just set up a private group chat somewhere where you can all fucking blow each other. Jesus, what a dunce CUNT op is.

It isn't a matter of shitting up the board or that I think you shouldn't be able to make a thread if you want, either. The only reason I felt the need to reply is the same reason I cringe when that autistic kid in an auditorium lecture with 300 students thinks he can just shout and maintain a 1 on 1 conversation with the professor during the lecture.

You aren't a special snowflake and you should think for 2 seconds before you open your dunce mouth, CUNT.
>>
>>54668549
I run a pair of E5-2660s in my server. No problems thus far.

I'm not v3 though, because it was cheap.
>>
>>54671622
God you are some other kind of bitch nigger
>>
Extreme4 with e5 1620 here... been excellent. But depending on your needs (server/virtualization vas gaymen) consider 2 e5 2650 from ebay... the mobos are a bit expensive, but it might be worth it
>>
>>54668549
E5-2670v3 ES sure as hell ain't overclockable, but they sure are affordable
>>
>>54668549
Do the Xeons have HT ?
>>
I'm currently running one X5650, soon adding another one
>>
>>54672991
They have every feature their given i series counterpart has plus extra extensions for things like virtualization.

Shit, Xeons got HT a full year before the Pentium 4 did.
>>
>>54673123
well then I see no reason not to go for a Xeon if you can afford it, as far as I know the only 10 core coming out for somewhat regular consumers is still going to cost around 1K anyway.
>>
>>54671540
>comparing 4 cores
>to 10 cores
>>
>Implying 4930k is 4 cores
>>
File: CPU-Z.png (28 KB, 407x400) Image search: [Google]
CPU-Z.png
28 KB, 407x400
Oh hai.
>>
I lost a couple of online friends when I got an e3-1231v3, when they got cucked when they bought 4690K and 4770K CPUs at their ridiculous prices.
Best move I've ever made.
>>
File: eplasty11e09_fig2.gif (292 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
eplasty11e09_fig2.gif
292 KB, 800x600
>>54671622
>super specific sub-general
two fingers should be chopped off for typing this phrase
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.