[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Win 10 and NSA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 1463752198781.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463752198781.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
So, let me get this straight: A bunch of autistic nerds on the internet are raging about the Windows 10 NSA ties, and the adware? They are actively going after the MOST technical and lofty explanations as to why this is evil, yet some of these things may not even apply to them.

"The Five Eyes, often abbreviated as FVEY, are an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. "

"The "Five Eyes" community is part of an extensive alliance of Western democracies sharing signals intelligence with each other. These allied countries include NATO members, other European democracies such as Sweden, and allies in the Pacific, in particular Singapore and South Korea."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement

References 3 and 10, respectively.

Further down:
Unlike the "second party" members (that is, the Five Eyes themselves), "third party" partners are not automatically exempt from intelligence targeting. According to an internal NSA document leaked by Snowden, "We (the NSA) can, and often do, target the signals of most 3rd party foreign partners."

Same link, reference 43.

So basically, if you live inside those countries, the worst you have to worry about is adware collecting data on you for targeted advertisements and product optimization. The only time you are going to get fucked by the NSA is when you do as the following:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/03/nsa_xkeyscore_stasi_scandal/

You guys are as bad as the Lincucks screaming about SystemD and how it will be the end of Linux. Christ. Brand loyalty makes you all morons.
>>
File: tinfoil-hat.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil-hat.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
>>54667887
Basically this. I don't even live in USA, but NSA targets are business and federal. If you spend your whole life trying to live privately anymore, you will just be unhappy. I wish it was not true, but it is. The same style software and technology exists in our phones and other tech. Aggregation software is just the next level. You can always supply fake information to the services, though.
>>
I don't care about the spying that much, I hate it because of the potential for them to lock everything to the app store, trying to use DX12 to force everything onto windows 10 and that it has ads despite being a paid product with excessively restrictive activation. Also metro is pure garbage, I don't want it in my start bar, feedback for metro was overwhelmingly negative with windows 8 but they won't remove because they are so arrogant they will never admit being wrong.
>>
I hate it because I'm autistic and whilst it's true that far more interesting targets exist than myself I like to think that I'm amazing and everyone is interested in me.

For this reason, I run OS X.
>>
For fucks sake, shit in the toilet pajeet.
>>
>>54668160
>>54668087
>>54667887
Don't you have a street to shit in, Pajeet?
>>
>>54668160
What do you mean by "lock everything to the app store"?
>>
>Well proven that default settings send things like your contacts, your browser history, your searches (both internal and web ones), your location, shitloads of technical information on your system and the network it sits on
>Can't even turn all of this off
>Microsoft has made it clear that they don't want people turning this off
Totally not a conspiracy Pajeet, now go back and actually wash your hands after you wiped your ass with your left hand rather than toilet paper.
>>
>>54668351
The only thing that can even be remotely damning out of this list is your search history, combined with your contacts. What kind of retard stores contacts on their computer or uses email that much?

Oh no! They might get your whole companies mailing list!!!

Top kek, m8.
>>
File: B17kZytIYAAPcKZ.jpg (8 KB, 276x270) Image search: [Google]
B17kZytIYAAPcKZ.jpg
8 KB, 276x270
>>54668207
>>54668351
>>54668195
fuck you guy
>>
>>54667887
DESIGNATED
>>
>>54667887
Next you'll tell me sinks and soap are a conspiracy too
>>
>>54670064
OP wasn't telling you it was a conspiracy, he was saying that if you live in those five countries, you are safe, you fucking idiot. Learn to read.
>>
>>54670159
>Statism Apologist
Yeah nah, fuck off Apu
>>
>>54670295
Haha, look at this poorfag. He lives outside the five eyes states! How does it feel to have sub-human citizenship?
>>
File: TH14-EXCRETA-BRSC_1112472f.jpg (54 KB, 636x425) Image search: [Google]
TH14-EXCRETA-BRSC_1112472f.jpg
54 KB, 636x425
>>54667887
ok pajeet
>>
>TIL pajeet is /g/'s new "faggot"
>>
Cortana uploads your login details and passwords.
Microsoft can put anything they want on your computer through auto updates.

That's enough to say no to W10.
>>
>hurrr nothing to worry about hurrr

Go astroturf somewhere else agent smith.
>>
>>54670650
>>54670640
>>54670600
>>54670295
>>54669629
>>54670064
You guts aren't even safe if you DO leave Windows. Linux now is switching over to SystemD. Okay, so it isn't commercial like MS...but it is still owned and operated by Red Hat, which is the closest group to the government and NSA. What will you do then? Jackasses.
>>
File: img_1265.jpg (110 KB, 720x465) Image search: [Google]
img_1265.jpg
110 KB, 720x465
>>54670718
pls pajeet, do not compare red hat to microsoft
red had does not have a history of fucking its users in the rear
>>
>>54670788
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Controversy-surrounds-Red-Hat-s-obfuscated-source-code-release-1200554.html

https://www.mirantis.com/openstack-portal/external-news/the-red-hat-support-controversy-sound-and-fury-but-what-does-it-signify/

Nope. Just like Microsoft, they fuck over everybody else. Come back when you actually have something you can contribute.
>>
>>54667887
why do you need spying?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>>54667887

P A R J E E T
A
R
J
E
E
T

> Pooping on the beach in India
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixJgY2VSct0

> Take The Poo To The Loo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>54668289
Probably apps requiring phoning home to the appstore as a mandatory DRM-like feature
>>
File: paskaa.png (660 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
paskaa.png
660 KB, 1280x720
>>54670922
OHHHH NO½!
i shall penace
by not pooing in the loo
but on my livingroom floor
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.