[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how many of you troglodytes are still using a PC? Can you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 441x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 441x334
So how many of you troglodytes are still using a PC?

Can you not afford a Mac, or is it some kind of childish fanboyism that leads you to buy inferior hardware?
>>
>>54664172
Stop calling people names, it's rude!
>>
I can afford a mac, I just don't feel like I need one, as I mostly just shitpost on Icelandic calligraphy forums
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 311x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 311x473
>>54664232
Grow a pear
>>
File: gentoo.png (38 KB, 720x344) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.png
38 KB, 720x344
>>54664172
very rude

will it run gentoo, or is it somewhat of an inferior system
>>
>>54664510
Macs can run gentoo
>>
Well OP, if I was able to afford it I still wouldn't buy it. Because for the tasks that I'd be able to do on one of these things, perhaps the most expensive, I'd just grab a cheap laptop.
>>
>>54664172
Dunce cunt
>>
Try harder
>22fps in Tomb Raider, Low settings, 1080p
>>
>>54664660
>playing games
Teenager detected.
>>
>>54664172
( you )

here it is.
>>
>>54664686
>I am going to buy an expensive monitor with a NUC tier computer just so I can do the same things I can do with a $300 laptop

Ok
>>
>>54664710
>has obviously never owned a mac
>>
Pc is a tool. Mac is also a tool. I use pc becouse it's the right tool for me.
That said I only buy things that work the best for the thing that I'm going to do with it…… Well this is /g/ where everyone is a dumb piece of virtual shit so….. YOU MOTHERFUCKER OP!!! BUILD AN PC AND STOP SAYING PEOPLE ARE MORONIC SHITLORDS FOR NOT USING MAC!!!

Your's truely: NVIDYA69NOAMDFAGS

PS. Op is a faggot
>>
>>54664748
Evidently, you are also a tool.
>>
>>54664172
Wow op, you got me. Welp, I guess its time to come out of the closet, get an iphone+mac and attend the local lgbt meetup.
>>
>>54664814
Well if switching to a superior computer helps you come to terms with your sexuality then congratulations I guess?
>>
>>54664719
What can you do? Use Final Cut Pro X? That's amazing, what -else-?
>>
>>54664172
install gentoo
>>
>>54664896
Every single part of both the Mac and OSX is expertly engineered to improve your experience.

For starters, you'll never find a better touchpad.
>>
>>54664172

i use a pc because macs are expensive and i feel like a get more for my money with a pc
also i'm not a fan of mac os, it just doesn;t work well for me
if i were to get a laptop though i'd probably get a mac
>>
>>54664915
You mean one that can be bought and used on a system that is just 95% as functional on a current build with an intel processor?

Guess what: I have a magic trackpad. It's pretty neat, it works pretty good. You know what is also good? To do your goddamn work instead of play with fucking gestures. I have that thing on sale currently because in the end I don't fucking need it. I could use it right now and I just don't.
>>
>>54664966
I'm talking about the macbook ya dingus.
>>
>>54664915
>>For starters, you'll never find a better touchpad.
I just plug in a regular mouse
better than any touchpad and I can do it because I have more than one port on my laptop
>>
>>54664973
Again--- what the fuck ever. A laptop can go without a trackpad these days. It's just a comfy toy. If you must do work on a laptop on a regular basis the only thing I can think of that would really justify the purchase is having a small display with a pretty good resolution. That is not enough of a reason to ditch the idea of just getting something far cheaper to do most of the same tasks.

I mean shit, even if I had the best fucking laptop, macbook, whatever out there, why the fuck would I want to do video editing/graphics design on it (which is perhaps the most intensive shit you can do with such hardware)? A desktop is much better.
>>
>>54664172
Good job for buying a 1200 dollar+ machine and all you do is shitpost OP...
>>
>>54665018
>why the fuck would I want to buy a Mercedes over a Toyota
>>
>>54664172
It's not like Macs are expensive anymore, nice DD capable PPC shit can be had for under $100, and Mac Minis have been a thing forever.

Hell, I pick up Intel MacBooks for $5 at the recycle every once in a while.
>>
>>54665031
good analogy my man, spot on
>>
>>54665032
Wouldn't buy a mac that isn't a laptop personally.
>>
Nice bait OP
>>
>>54664172
I'll stick with my free as in freedom non proprietary software
>>
Mac osx is a steaming pile of garbage so why buy a stupid soldered together piece of shit mac just to stick gentoo on it
>>
File: This_c5e68d_5703098.jpg (36 KB, 563x601) Image search: [Google]
This_c5e68d_5703098.jpg
36 KB, 563x601
>>
>>54666362
>being this ignorant
>>
File: 1460307164824.jpg (26 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1460307164824.jpg
26 KB, 640x427
because muh games
>>
>>54664172
https://collegetimes.co/why-mac-sucks/

still, if not more true today
>>
>>54664748
Mac users are also tools
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.