[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they call it the Bing Book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Why didn't they call it the Bing Book?
>>
>>54663861
Because it sounds like a turbo retard saying "Big Book"
>>
>>54663861

Literally no one would have bought them.
>>
>>54663861
Bing Book is retarded, they should nave gone with Bing Bong iyam
>>
>>54663964
you're a big book
>>
>>54664434
Are you kidding me? The name is so great people might actually start using Bing.
>>
File: hue.jpg (238 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
238 KB, 1600x1200
chandler *bing*
>>
>>54663861
Because they have a Surface product already and they wanted to have consistence across their offer.

And since the Surface book is supposed to take on Apple's MBP, they chose this name. Surface is an easy to remember name which gives you an idea on what the product is: a flat surface with a touchscreen which allows you to do computing stuff.

And if you think about it Surface sounds better than Mac-Book-Pro. I think Jobs' idea to change the name of their laptops from Powerbooks to MacBooks was rather uninspired. It sounds worse, it makes their products sound like they're all the same mac thing, although they are for very different uses. Very boring names too, that wreak of marketing logic.
>>
>>54665455

Mac is short for mackintosh

A sort of Apples.
>>
>>54665147
For you
>>
>>54665469
Still doesn't mean that Powerbook was a bad name.

It was just Jobs' idea that you have to be a dick and stick the Mac name into every of their product, just to make sure everyone gets the idea that macs are not just regular PCs, they're """"""macs""""""".
>>
Because even Microsoft isn't that stupid.
>>
>>54665575
Are you kidding me? The Bing name has a ton of potential. The Xbox could be the Bing Box. Instead of Windows Phone, Bing-o Phone. Etc etc.
>>
>>54665469
>Mac is short for Macintosh
Fixed.
Apple still had to licence the name from Mackintosh Audio, despite the difference in spelling.
>>
>>54663861
Edge Book
>>
>>54665615
Makes a nice change from Win-this and Win-that.
Besides, how many people do you think even know about Bing? Even when they use it by default they probably think they're using Google; it even looks the same.
>>
>>54665908
Yeah but the Bing name sounds nice. Wouldn't you buy a Bing Box if the slogan in the commercials was, "Bing it on"?
>>
File: bing.jpg (259 KB, 1395x741) Image search: [Google]
bing.jpg
259 KB, 1395x741
>>54665908
>it even looks the same
When is the last time you used bing? It does not look at all like Google.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.