[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on C++?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
I'm watching this extremely mundane C++ video on Lynda, and I'm wondering to myself. How big is the job market for those who can program in C++ or is it deprecated? I am a master at Java and personally I think that Java is an extremely elegant language, but that's just me. Thoughts?
>>
File: having problems?.jpg (17 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
having problems?.jpg
17 KB, 500x382
>>54663153
>last attempt.cpp

lol, having problems, op?
>>
>>54663183
>15 b&
>knows about the job market
>>
>>54663183
>I'm 15
And this is where Anon fucked up. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>54663233
Man, I was up until 6am yesterday morning trying to configure this shit. Was just pissed off.

>>54663183
Get off my lawn.
>>
>>54663183
I'd like to get some real input from those who actually have finished college.
>>
You're a java master and you can't fucking compile?
>>
>>54663338
Cavalier?
>>
>>54663338
Also, java is babby language.
>>
>>54663153
>java
>elegant
>compared to C++
>either being elegant anyway
nice meme
>>
>>54663407
So sorry if you think my opinions are memes.
>>
While the syntax is quite odd, I was able to get a simple trip calculator running. I think I'll make a bmi calculator tomorrow. Not too bad
>>
>>54663608
Cgrats
>>
>>54663608
Next challenge, write me an XML DOC parser
>>
>>54663183
I'd call the mods but you are a smart kid. Also, being honest on 4chan about your age will not get you anywhere (except B&)
>>
>>54663153
>Java
>elegant
excuse me while I laugh forever

>>54663183
>C and C++ are the foundations of programming
hello there kiddo. C++ is not 'the foudnations of programming'. C might be, but C++ is nothing but a layer of functionality on top of C (and a shitty object-oriented model also built on an essentially procedural language). C++ is just C on steroids and there is nothing essential to programming in it.
inb4 C and C++ are different languages. If you actually believe this then you know only C and C++.

To answer your question OP: if you already master java as you claim, then it's time to learn a new language. C++ is closer to java than anything else you might find (shitty procedural based object orientation, static declarative typing, very similar syntax) with some stuff to add to your repertoire (actual handling of memory instead of Garbage Collection, a lower level understanding of the machine) without causing too much of a cultural shock.
As of market share, I understand it's still somewhat widely used, mostly in the game industry but also in many other desktop applications and the like. I'll make an educated guess and say that almost any major desktop application not written in java is probably written in sepples.
>>
>>54663407
>Blaming the language for your shitty programming skills
>>
And here I am learning COBOL. I hope COBOL would adopt more advanced features from FOTRAN as well as adopting advanced statistics-related theories, methods for organizing statistics, anything pertaining to library science and financial mathematics.
>>
>>54663153
>I think that Java is an extremely elegant language
you need your head checked senpai

there's more jobs going these days for c# and web meme languages but c++ is still useful to know
>>
>>54663153
>and personally I think that Java is an extremely elegant language, but that's just me. Thoughts?

Java will be eventually obsolete, bro.
>>
>eclipse
There are still people using this garbage?
>>
>>54664060
Eclipse is still good for a research and development environment, but the same can also be said for java.
>>
>>54663183
Lel at everyone falling for this bait
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.