[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>praises linux because of how much more powerful and liberating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>praises linux because of how much more powerful and liberating it is than windows
>has to log into root every five seconds to do anything
linux fags everyone
>>
no what you do is you use 'su'
>>
>>54662610

the fuck are you logging into to root so much for you idiot?
>>
>>54662610
You can disable needing the password for sudo, but it basically makes having a password almost pointless.
>>
>open source/Linux protects your freedumbs and privacy
>the most popular Linux based OS is entirely dedicated to collecting your information (Android)
>>
>>54662618
apt-get install.

pretty much every single command i use that does anything real needs me to fucking log in as root. its so annoying.
>>
File: uac.png (37 KB, 310x175) Image search: [Google]
uac.png
37 KB, 310x175
>>
>>54662663
You can turn that off though.
>>
>>54662667
Which has the same effect as running everything as root.
>>
File: ss (2015-08-11 at 08.03.01).jpg (17 KB, 258x210) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-08-11 at 08.03.01).jpg
17 KB, 258x210
>>54662667

>turning off UAC
>>
sudo
/thread
>>
>>54662642
try "sudo su" ;)
>>
>>54662642

>The system would like to verify that you have permission to install software at the system level which has the potential to alter how the system runs.

Why would it not ask for the password to do that?!
>>
>>54662642
>It's an anon somehow manages to get a virus on linux episode
>>
i always turn uac off on my windows machines, but i find using sudo totally bearable
>>
>>54662642
why are you using the command line? just use a package manager
>>
>>54662610
>>54662642
sudo apt-get install
was that so hard faggot?
>>
>>54662610
>>54662642
Yeah and Windows doesn't do that, right?

If you think it's too annoying then just log in as root.
>>
I am root all the time. No problem logging in and out of silly useraccounts.
>>
>>54662610
>has to log into root every five seconds to do anything
It's called basic security measure, /v/-tard
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.