[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XPosed framework
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: therideneverends.gif (186 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
therideneverends.gif
186 KB, 500x436
I just installed CyanogenMod 13 and I'm about to get xposed (I know nothing about either)

anybody know some good programs to install?
picture unrelated
>>
Get GApps if you want the play store
ARM/ARM64 depends on your device (look it up on the cyanogenmod device wiki)
CyanogenMod 13 is Android 6.0 so choose that
Nano has been moat successful for me for a pretty non-bloated install
opengapps.org
Also download amplify from xposed for a better battery
>>
>>54663279
The device wiki doesn't say anything about if it's ARM or ARM64... this is the page https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Klte_Info

I don't want GApps as I don't use anything Google makes and would prefer not to. I've heard of fakestore and f-droid, I'll have to look more into those.

>Nano has been moat successful for me for a pretty non-bloated install
wat? a nano version of cyanogenmod or xposed? or nano the text editor?
>>
>>54663492
>I don't want GApps as I don't use anything Google makes and would prefer not to. I've heard of fakestore and f-droid, I'll have to look more into those.
You can get around purely with F-Droid this days, unless you want normie stuff that lacks a web version, like WhatsApp
You can try the microG project, some people here are running it in their daily driver successfully
>>
File: Screenshot_20160521-091235.png (125 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160521-091235.png
125 KB, 540x960
>>54663492
See pic related
4chan filter is dumb

This was the floating stickies app from fdroid
>>
>>54663669
Fdroid is a nice play store replacement app and you can get around with it*
>>
>>54663625
Looks like I'll need that for .... anything that runs google play services.... and here I thought android was open source and nice, seems like something apple would do (making apps rely on their app store)

>>54663669
Nice I'll get that... if I can figure out where that is

I've found the download page for xposed but I'm not sure which one to get, there are 3 sdk installer versions and then there is arm or arm64 and I have no idea how to tell which one I should be downloading... here is the link http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/
>>
>>54663712
>Looks like I'll need that for .... anything that runs google play services.... and here I thought android was open source and nice, seems like something apple would do (making apps rely on their app store)
It's open source, just not really libre
Though it's strawmanning to call it open source nowadays

But yeah, Google is a cunt and has basically made Android rely on their closed source botnet
>>
>>54663712
Your processor is 32bit this means its ARM
Sdk23 is the sdk for marshmallow so get that one
>>
For getting good battery, I definitely get Amplify, PowerNap, Pixel Battery Saver and SetCPU.

For everything else, Blackmart and Lucky Patcher for doing immoral stuff. Lua player for pop up video, and tTorrent is a personal favorite to name a few
>>
Is telegram any good? I've heard good things about Bleep, but knowing bittorrent it probably won't work very well
>>
File: basketball_shaquilleO_Neal2.gif (5 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
basketball_shaquilleO_Neal2.gif
5 KB, 80x80
are there any apps you would recommend for a firewall? my android system is taking up all of my mobile data (I get 200mb and it takes up 50mb/month) and it sucks, so I was wondering if you could block that traffic with a firewall or some other root program?
>>
>>54664213
AFWall+
From F-Droid
>>
>Blackmart and Lucky Patcher for doing immoral stuff.

what do these do? what kind of immoral stuff?
>>
>>54663982
>Lua player
Thanks for this

>>54664303
Not him, but Blackmart is a "black market" for pirated apps. I don't use it, I think aptoide and mobilism are safer.

Lucky Patcher is for patching out license verification, free in app purchases, blocking out ads.
>>
>>54663982
are these battery apps anything like Greenify? I've only used greenify and I have to say it is pretty great
>>
>Not him, but Blackmart is a "black market" for pirated apps. I don't use it, I think aptoide and mobilism are safer.
>Lucky Patcher is for patching out license verification, free in app purchases, blocking out ads.

interesting, thanks for explaining. I also have cm13 & fdroid, & don't use Google for anything. I'll def look into aptoide & mobilism.
>>
>>54666365
Keep in mind mobilism is basically a warez forum (they have an app though), but aptoide is a full blown marketplace and they scan/check the apks automatically to see if they correspond to the signature on google play - if you see a green badge next to the app for example.

For mobilism, I also update the apps to virustotal before installing.
>>
File: 1450091686884.jpg (134 KB, 536x734) Image search: [Google]
1450091686884.jpg
134 KB, 536x734
>>54662091
Tfw samsung bricks when i try to install custom firmware + xposed

Muh xprivacy
>>
>>54667571
what's virustotal?
>>
>>54670149
A site that analyzes files for viruses with around 50 virus scanners
>>
>>54670184
I guess it was self explanatory in the name. so updating apps to virustotal is to make sure they are clean?
>>
>>54670221
Uploading to virustotal scans the file for viruses
>updating apps to virustotal
Nice grammar btw
>>
I was just repeating what id read above:
>For mobilism, I also update the apps to virustotal before installing.
>>
>>54670255
are you under the impression that thats just not some stupid kid?
>>
>2016
>Using CyanogenMOD

Shit became outdated when KitKat was the new hotness. Now they suck Microsoft dick.
>>
>>54670481
Im compiling cm11 atm
This download is big af
Cm11 was released for my device so I decided to get it myself
>>
>>54670481
what's the new thing then?
>>
>>54670221
Oops I meant uploading.
>>
>>54670481
You're mistaking Cyanogen with Cyanogenmod.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.