[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>falling for the CS meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1426706538346.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1426706538346.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>falling for the CS meme
>>
Stop this shit
>>
File: 1448245401554.jpg (30 KB, 347x491) Image search: [Google]
1448245401554.jpg
30 KB, 347x491
>get CS degree
>program yourself a gf, job, and house

not seeing the problem here
>>
>>54661128
>tfw only making 100k
>tfw if I did math I would have 300k starting at the NSA
>>
>>54661128
FUCK CS.
I'm changing my degree to IT and Data Management. Become the part of botnet and earn money
>>
>>54661168
>going for an even more useless degree than cs

BAAAAHAHAHA
>>
>>54661228
Come back when you manage a job NEET cuck
>>
What about computer engineering? Or IT?
>>
>>54661138
Exactly my problem bro. At least they're giving me a 15K signing bonus this year
>>
>>54661128
>He didn't study EE
>>
>>54661128
alright /g/ you fucking cucks
i know CS is a meme so what should i study to help my chances is getting an IT job in the future?
i was thinking software engineering or something but if anyone knows something better let me know
>>
>>54661313
If you're stupid enough to believe that CS is a meme from /g/ you should really get that PhD in mathematics
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 257x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 257x442
>>54661128
FUN FACT:
> programming > sending probes to dead worlds
>>
>>54661237
Stay assblasted cuck, get used to people laughing at you when you say you have a degree in "it and data management" fucking lmao
>>
>>54661354
ive read the criteria for CS you cuck
it will teach me stuff that is of 0 importance since i already know most of it
so unless there is another subject that will teach me something interesting and help me get a job somewhere then i might just skip all that shit and save my money
>>
>>54661421
>it will teach me stuff that is of 0 importance since i already know most of it

So why don't you have a job yet you fucking retard
>>
>>54661421
Oh so you're already familiar with the basics like algorithms and data structures? Or maybe things like compiler theory and language design? Then why don't you just apply for jobs already if you already know it?
And holy fuck you sound like a teen. The degree does more than just fucking teach you shit. Your university and networking with your peers that are going into the same industry is what's gonna help your career.
>>
>>54661400
Get used to people laughing at you when you say you are a NEET, faggot
>>
>>54661485
>implying i don't have a job

fucking retarded cuck lmao, go give your degree to a pajeet so he can wipe his ass with it after taking a shit at a designated street. That's how much your "it and data management" degree is worth rofl waahahaha
>>
>>54661262
>he fell for the EE meme
>>
physics 4 lyfe
>>
>>54661482
>holy fuck you sound like a teen
;)
>>
>>54661564
>I'm underage
>i already know most of cs

Go kill yourself faggot, you're gonna fail at anything you're gonna study anyways
>>
>>54661564
>>54661580
Yeah you sound like the faggots in first semester that thought that they knew everything and we're going to make vidya games. Have fun flunking out your first year senpai
>>
>working in CS degree
>depressed because not sure if the cs meme is a meme or not
>>
>>54661515
Burger flipping doesn't count fucktard
>>
>>54661138
>>tfw only making 100k
>>tfw average salary is 51k
>>tfw I'm making near double average.
>>tfw complaining
>>
>>54661564
You're young and arrogant. I used to be very similar to you, thinking I knew almost all of CS because I programmed a bunch of video games and browsed /g/ in HS.

How is your machine learning knowledge? Have you tried to develop a fault tolerant distributed system? Messed around in computer vision, maybe something like feature detection / object recognition? Have you done low level programming like writing a x86 emulator, C compiler, or virtual file system?

I will agree with you that if have programming knowledge, your first 2 / 3 CS classes are pointless. Skip them. Double major in CS and Math and specialize in Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
>>
>>54661521
What do you even do with a physics degree? Become a smart homeless man?
>>
>>54661617
just do it and then make money, don't think about it
>>
>>54661891
Teach, research, or homeless.
>>
>>54661617
are you in MIT, Stanford, Berkeley or other elite universities?
If not, change your major.
>>
>tfw wants to be game developer
>tfw first started to use game maker 5 years ago
>tfw now I use libgdx
It's the degree worthy?

I already can code any 2D shit and can code anything 3D if I read books about it.

my math is lacking but I'm sure It's simply a matter of buying a linear algebra book and some calculus book.

I mean, there's almost no point of majoring in that shit since most games are now coded in frameworks and engines.
>>
>>54662007
Make an indie game and release it on steam
>>
>>54662018
yeah, I need to buy all diferent kind of gear, like a multi printer, a scanner, a chinese wacom intuos, a midi keyboard, a tablet, a legacy phone, another monitor, some consoles, an e-ink ebook reader.

Also, that greenlight account.

It's not easy nor cheap becoming a pro developer but I'm trying.

Let's hope I get all that shit this year.

:)
>>
>>54661516
Not him, but I'm an EE major because I'm interested in writing software that controls hardware, and how that hardware works. Just doing one and not the other seems boring. Hopefully I don't get meme'd on too bad.
>>
fuck I hate these kind of threads they make me so nervous about my decisions
>>
>>54662060
>Also, that greenlight account.

It's just a one time fee of $100.
>>
File: 1459804883613.gif (229 KB, 320x475) Image search: [Google]
1459804883613.gif
229 KB, 320x475
>>54661128
>tfw I fell for the CE meme
>>
>>54662918
>He fell for the fell for the X degree meme meme
>>
>Dropped a database class for AS to do a AA in math and possibly transfer to do Cs,engeering or more math with programming knowlege i picked up.
I hope I know what im doing,DB sql garbage can fucking die.
>>
People need to realize that any tech related job that requires a degree is something where you are a high school graduate startup owner's bitch.
>>
falling for the CS meme meme
>>
>>54664329
falling for the CS meme meme meme
I'm not meming, CS is SO easy it's pointless to waste your time with it

people should go with a Math degree instead
>>
>>54664370

#include <stdio.h>
#define MEME 420

void meme(int memes)
{
for (int i = 0; i < memes; i++) {
printf("\"falling for the ");
}
printf("CS");
for (int i = 0; i < memes; i++) {
printf(" meme\"");
}
printf(":^)\n");
}

int main()
{
meme(MEME);
return MEME;
}
>>
>>54664370
not sure if Informatik in germany is exactly the same as CS

I agree, it is easy, a lot easier than math or physics or something like that
but it's not that easy
the way /sci/ make it sound is
that any random dude who knows nothing and just wants easy money
can get a CS degree, he just needs to write some lines of code in java and that's it
"code monkey"

but it's not
you actually have to learn shit
and it's a lot more than hello world in java

I mean, of course, if you ask people who have an IQ of 500000 and study math, they will maybe say it's easy

but there are a fuckton of people who think CS is really hard, and a fuckton of people who fail

oh boi that was too much text
sorry
>>
>>54664662

informatikk is the lowest form of computer degree though so ye.

phd (theoretical computer scientist) > graduate level CE > CE/EE > CS > informatics > it and buisness/managment > random certificates > that self taught script kiddy in this thread > eli the computer guy > my mom
>>
>>54664793
>rating your mom lower than eli the faggot guy

did she molest you as a child or something anon?
>>
>>54664544
>int memes
>>
>>54665644
yeah sorry, I don't really know what I'm doing. I did fall for the CS meme after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.