[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is WordPress Web Design a joke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: kim-kardashian2222-600x80055.jpg (135 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
kim-kardashian2222-600x80055.jpg
135 KB, 600x800
I am 24 and I make websites for people and businesses. Most of these people are baby-boomers who don't know that Wix exists and don't know what WordPress is. I just started last year when I was hired by a company to make 10 websites.

I don't know a single thing about the tech industry. I have no idea if what I'm doing is a joke or not. It seems like a joke, but babyboomers keep paying me to do it.

Is WordPress-tier web design going to die here? Does anybody respect it? Or is it a complete joke?
>>
Probably not, contrary to popular belief tech literacy is actually declining. If it werks people will pay you for it.
>>
>>54660857
just look at the number of users there are plenty of retarded people who think that these cms are the right thing to spin up a web shop and then wonder why they get butt raped by some exploit
>>
>>54660857
>Is WordPress-tier web design going to die here?
Probably not in the near future. It's too popular to be going away any time soon
>Does anybody respect it? Or is it a complete joke?
No? But it's not a complete joke. I wouldn't consider it real development work but some people do it. I guess it's fine for people too dumb to actually be involved in software engineering.
>>
>>54660892
Really? I see a ton of people making their own website on Wix now, and it made me worried that people won't hire me to do web pages anymore if everybody can make a simple Wix page for their business.

>>54660905
What do you mean? Asking because I have a private business doing web pages.
>>
>>54660905
>why they get butt raped by some exploit
examples?
genuinely interested
I'm thinking about opening my own shitty store because I want to avoid fares on ebay-like sites
>>
>>54661492
Those nifty plugins are full of security holes because they are built by hacks who copy from SO.
>>
Wordpress makes it easy for the client to update their webpage without your assistance in the future. That is what it is there for.

If they still need your help just updating content on wordpress then you should probably just avoid it in general since it's not beneficial to you at all.
>>
>>54660905

Your asking for someone to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to have a custom ecommerce system/website built. Small business just does not have that kind of money. And anything within their budget that someone would custom make is going to have security holes everywhere... Nothing wrong with using some like Magento as an example for a small business. With a reliable, secure non-EIG web host and a simple Magento install you can get a relatively reliable/secure ecommerce website up. Hell, look at the Fortune 500 companies using crap like Zendesk even though they have the employees there to make their own system. You don't always have to go custom.
>>
>>54660892
>If it werks people will pay you for it.
until you get outsourced.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.