[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and a friend are moving towards making a company that offers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1456005931001.jpg (511 KB, 3021x2265) Image search: [Google]
1456005931001.jpg
511 KB, 3021x2265
Me and a friend are moving towards making a company that offers PC consultation and desktop building, that caters to the specific needs of the customer.
The idea is to charge a flat fee for labor, plus a consultation cost if they're truly clueless.
I'd post this in /biz/ but I'm looking for opinions on what /g/ would like to see from a company like this.
Obviously we're not catering to you guys, more to the general dummy population that's lost and confused with any sort of tech.
>>
Picture V E R Y related
>>
So your target audience is people who want something specialized but have no idea what that is and/or can't be bothered to do it themselves? I think that's too small a percentage of the population to really be profitable.
>>
>>54658098
You're going to regret it.

Normies don't understand how technology works. If something breaks the blame is on you, if they don't understand something the blame is on you, everything is on you. Be prepared to face shitty customers and make sure to put away a lot of money for liability issues. Not worth the hassle imo let Best Buy deal with that shit. If anything a small business consultation would filter out a portion of shit heads walking through your door, I'd probably go with that.
>>
>>54658098
If Trump at least had the willpower to lose some fucking weight, I'd probably vote for him.

Also, that's a terrible fucking idea. You're better off getting into laptop repair.

Most people who know that they need a specialized computer are competent enough to put 7 pieces together. Unless you can buy the parts at half-price, the model just doesn't work. Most repairshops offer this service but it ends up impossible to make work.

If you had a following (ie, if you were a big youtuber) you could make it happen, but people would just buy the PC because they wanted to support a popular youtuber, or they wanted to have something signed from their idol.
>>
>>54658290
>if Trump at least had the willpower to lose some fucking weight, I'd probably vote for him.

Based on your concerns about our politicians, don't vote at all, you obviously have no clue about government and policy.

You are right though, OP's idea is fucking stupid considering Geek Squad/Best Buy. Just go into laptop repair.
>>
>>54658461
Kind of just being an asshole. Really can't stand the guy. I've been a conservative all my life and don't care for double-talking politicians.
I'd vote for a fatso if his beliefs matched my own, he had a record supporting those beliefs, and his money came from those who support my beliefs.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.