[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:Tech Support stories I'll kick it off >me >Wa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1453774807000.jpg (20 KB, 552x460) Image search: [Google]
1453774807000.jpg
20 KB, 552x460
ITT:Tech Support stories
I'll kick it off
>me
>Walking outside to take the dog to shit
>"Hey Anon, You know that stuff you say is better then windows that replaces the windows?"
>Yeah... I think you mean a GNU/Linux distribution
>Yeah that's it.
>"Could you install it for me? My PC is having trouble with updates and stuff and mcaffee is always irritating me."
>thisisgonnabegud.gif
>Install xubuntu
>"Anon, Where is google chrome?"
>Tell her to navigate to the google chrome website and download the .deb
>She downloads the .deb twice and tries install them twice in the software center
>I'll install it
>cd ~/Downloads && sudo dpkg -i google-chrome.deb
>Would you like me to download an adblocker too?
>"Sure, But what is an adblocker?"
>It blocks ads
>"oh, okay!"
>install ublock origin
>Install https everywhere

No problems yet :^)
>>
>>54651034
Did you get to fuck her?
>>
>>54651106
First post best post.
>>
>>54651106
kek.

you know the answer to that question already.

:^)

why do you fucks do this shit for free?
>>
>>54651106
no
>>54651130
Boredom
>>
>>54651130
>why do you fucks do this shit for free?
>this guy doesn't proselytize GNU+Linux
>this guy doesn't do holy work for RMS
>>
File: IMG_2561.jpg (1 MB, 1740x2320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2561.jpg
1 MB, 1740x2320
What are the immediate benefits to HTTPS Everywhere, wouldn't it just slow shit down?
>>
>>54651179
Stops people from reading data in transit.
I've used HTTPS 4chan and HTTP 4chan and i'd say they are about the same. Worth the slight lack in speed for the high boost in security.
>>
>Racking new logrhythm appliance, wanted to route power cables to correct PDUs, accidently unplugged core switch that routes all our SIP data.
>Take down over 600 phones
>plug back in at the speed of sanic
>telecom admin about to have anerism
>inform team pdu connection was loose (connections lock in) so accidental unplugging highly unlikely.
>so much spaghetti spilled that day
>>
>>54651238
I've always wondered if the security meme was about dodging government spying or background check agencies. I mean who honestly gives a damn what a few million shitposters are doing.
>>
>>54651152
no I don't because they don't contrib upstream, thus are a waste of time.
>>
>>54651238
>boost in security to view a mostly static page

meh
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.