[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a teacher best control his computer while lecturing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: projector.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
projector.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
How can a teacher best control his computer while lecturing?

I want to be able to easily open specific files, navigate file explorer, enter simple entries into programs, and maybe even search for something.

I've thought about voice controls, but I don't think any are very good.

I don't care if its on linux or windows.
>>
Spotlight search on osx.. There are some shitty clones on Linux (rofi, etc) but spotlight will always be the best
>>
>>54647769
It's best to teach your students out of your memory or reading directly from books - you don't need a computer, unless you're shit and you want to produce shitty drones.
>>
Use Everything to search for stuff.
>>
>>54647795
t. vijay kumar
>>
>>54647814
Oh so you're Indian - what are you going to teach? How to build toilets?
>>
What are you trying to communicate?

My PhD advisor honestly just screen-captures the snippets of stuff he wants to show to the class (there's so much that can go wrong when you're live that it's just taunting Murphy's law. You can also cut ahead or something if you want, so you don't waste people's time typing shit into the terminal, realizing you typo'd something, etc...

If you want to demonstrate something (e.g. show how to navigate some program or whatever), you *can* still screen-capture it, but you don't want to cut corners. So maybe it would be fine to record just to avoid anything wonky happening during the lecture, but don't speed up or cut together anything or people will get lost trying to follow you.

I've seen precisely one person give a live demo during a talk (a friend/other advisee in my lab) and he practiced the talk and that demo at least a dozen times. and it was just typing some shit into python's REPL to demonstrate a package
>>
>>54647828
you're not funny, newfriend. learn to maymay.
>>
Use one of this bad boys
There are even smalls models
I've seen some that are the size of a galaxy note
>>
>>54647838
Trying to push autistic, immature anime culture doesn't make you right or cool. Just clueless and probably underage.
>>
File: 20160520_102345.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160520_102345.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>54647843
Damm Floens and his clover
>>
>>54647829
What kind of school do you go to? I go to a shitty state uni and study cs and my professors basically do "live" demos basically the entire time. One of my professors was autistic and he wrote the program that he used to weight grades right in front of us
>>
>>54647854
exactly what kind of anime culture are you talking about right now, newfriend?
>>
>>54647769
Hi, you are ruining education. Please turn the computers off, and use a fucking chalk board, thanks.
>>
>>54647890

>Teach people that they can use their knowledge to do anything
>Not using the ultimate achievement of all mankind to demonstrate what knowledge is capable of
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.