[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Chromebooks a Meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20160520114928.jpg (58 KB, 1351x884) Image search: [Google]
20160520114928.jpg
58 KB, 1351x884
>Paralyzed without internet

>16-32gig cuck memory

>Low grade celeron processor, or some ARM abomination.

>Keyboard that'll make sure you can't use any other keyboard.

>Poor display

>No real off-line alternatives for apps.

>Botnet chrome

>Rebranded Gentoo,

Why would one even buy a Chromebook?
>>
> price is affordable even for peasants and pajeets
> perfect for web browsing, youtube, etc. which what 90+% of the population uses computers for
> SSD boot speeds of ~10secs
> integrates with chrome botnet for easy access to drive and all the free google apps
> decent level of free as in "doesnt cost anything" software
> can use crouton to load ubuntu (though thsi is a pain)
> excellent battery life
> lightweight
>>
>>54646689
>>Paralyzed without internet
Never had this problem
>>16-32gig cuck memory
Add an SD card or open it up and replace the drive like mine.
>>Low grade celeron processor, or some ARM abomination.
Mine has an i3.
>>Keyboard that'll make sure you can't use any other keyboard.
The keyboards have all the standard keys, except for caps lock which is fucking useless
>>Poor display
1080P IPS
>>No real off-line alternatives for apps.
You can run plenty of standard Linux programs.
>>Botnet chrome
I use Firefox
>>Rebranded Gentoo,
I use Xubuntu
>Why would one even buy a Chromebook?
Because they are cheap, mobile, have good screens, and have good battery life.
>>
>>54646860
a key is _never_ useless.
YOU just don't use it
>>
can you install linux on a chromebook?
>>
>>54646689
Listen to people when they say, "Botnet".
>>
>>54646912
useless for people who aren't raging on the internet.

It's far more useful mapped to something else.
>>
>>54646986
when you buy a chromebook, it comes with linux on it
comes with GNU too

the distro is called "chrome OS"
>>
>>54647071
Except most keyboards have it implemented in hardware so that you can't remap it at all.
>>
>>54646843
>>54646860

Ain't know pajeet gonna buy chromebook when is Internet speed is 512kbps.

How to make any computer into chromebook?

>Install chrome. Now go buy a 300$ hooker instead of Cuckbook.
>>
It's pretty useful and comfy once you install Ubuntu on it. It runs fantastic and I have had no issues. If you are looking for a good, cheap Linux netbook, Chromebook is where it's at.
>>
Literally impoverished nigger/rajeet tier.
>>
>>54647147
Stream 11, Dell inspiron 15 35xx, all better than a Chromebook, Linux can be installed, and so can windows. Both of which have outstanding capabilities as an offline O.S. Want something comfy so you can fap with one hand while you hold the laptop with another? Get a Asus x205ta, still better and cheaper workhorse than Chromebook.
>>
>>54647200
>1366x768 TN
>>
>>54646689
bought one for my mom's birthday. she loves it. but then again she only browses the web and does email on it, and she never liked touch screen keyboards.
they have good battery life and are very portable. but have limited use unless you're savvy enough to put linux on them which i'm guessing most of the target demographic aren't.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.