[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NRA is for guns; IRA is for computers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: t-dog.png (41 KB, 169x169) Image search: [Google]
t-dog.png
41 KB, 169x169
When was the last time you wrote divinely inspired code /g/?
>>
>>54646386
I write it everyday.
>>
shut up bird
>>
>>54646386
And the lord said:

"All sinners who use a system of operation that doth not adhere to 640x480 shall be purged from this land."
>>
Tiocfaidh ár lá.
>>
>>54646386

My favorite divinely inspired code was some automation I did for a NOC where I created a 2-server handoff of a task every other hour, ensuring that the task was run if the other server was off-line. It was also self-healing code, so that if some fucking monkey got cute, it would put back the original code.

It was brilliant, and so over the heads of the NOC operators that they refused to touch the code for 4 years. They simply reported that it was still running and what it output.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd rewrite it to just replace all of those Prajeets with a tiny fucking bash script. They were so dumb.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.