[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with one of these? This Chromebook has a 2.2Ghz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 1697x1139) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 1697x1139
What can I do with one of these?

This Chromebook has a 2.2Ghz CPU and 32GB SSD. It has a OS that is only good for browsing the internet and running Android apps. And it costs $1000.

What am I missing?
>>
>>54645072
Consumerism
>>
A god tier screen and very good battery life.
>>
>>54645072
The 3:2 screen alone makes it worth the price. I really dislike 16:9/10.

>something something install Linux
>>
>>54645072
a pretty killer linux machine
>>
You finally get to give away your soul by legally signing it over to Google.
>>
>>54645072
KEKBOOKS ARENT GOOD FOR SHIT
>>
Always wanted to get a chrome book/cheap laptop and just install Ubuntu on it but i'm not gonna drop a grand on one
>>
>>54645072
A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>54645578
this tbqh
>>
File: Wtf_a28370_1148625.jpg (142 KB, 756x652) Image search: [Google]
Wtf_a28370_1148625.jpg
142 KB, 756x652
>>54645533
>chrome book
>cheap laptop
>Ubuntu
>>
It's a well-designed device and looks nice. People buy things like that as a status symbol. If you're in a meeting, you don't want to pull out some janky-ass Thinkpad. The Pixel looks nice enough that people might actually ask what it is out of envy as opposed to mockery.
>>
>>54645072
Wait a year and get them for $300 just like how the first gen depreciated and install real Linux.

People forget chromeos is built upon the meme known as gentoo so support for the fabled os should be god tier
>>
>1000
christ, just get one of those 150-200 dollar ones. chrome OS is so fucking limited anyways that you can't even do anything requiring high-spec performance. plus the cheap ones tend to be pretty durable because they are meant for schools.
>>
>>54645628
>chrome book
We are talking about the Pixel, right?

>cheap laptop
Chrome books are mostly cheap laptops, right?

>Ubuntu
You can install Ubuntu on chrome book hardware, right?
>>
>>54645072
>>54645072
Get a cheap one. Chromebooks are gonna be the new thing soon anyways, they already are outselling MacBook in the US, and schools are sucking them up by the thousands because they are so cheap.
>>
>>54645072
First gen Pixels cost $400.
>>
>>54645072
Why the fuck is the SSD so tiny? It would be the perfect laptop if they didn't go for this cloud-based bullshit.
>>
>>54645072
Just get one for like $200-$400.

The $1000 ones are MacBook-tier garbage.
>>
>>54645072
a brain lol
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.