[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple now a bigger failure than enron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
ifags will cling to this sinking ship

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/nation-now/apples-loss-is-four-times-worse-than-enron/204859165
>>
>>54642204
Bankruptcy when?
>>
hahaha long overdue

I wonder what triggered these investors to come to reality. It's 2016
>>
BUY THE DIP
>>
I still want an iMac though.
>>
>>54642204
I hate to break it to you but Apple is not a sinking ship. Berkshire Hathaway just bought $1 billion in apple stock. Other large investment firms are doing the same, they're not idiots.
>>
>>54642372
they still have ridiculous amounts of cash reserves. probably not going to happen within the decade, unless their car project tanks awfully.
>>
>>54643829
I hope the car glitches while updating on the road and causes a massive highway crash that will bring apple down even more
>>
>being tribal about consumer electronics
>wanting competition to die so that Microsoft and Google own almost the whole technology sector
What's with all the anti-Apple bait today?
>>
>>54642204
their fault
they thought they didn't need to do anything to the macbook 2016 refresh, keep the design, keep the one port

announcing a battery case was a stupid move

they thought the ipad pro could sell enough

they thought the iphone se could sell enough

everyone just wants a fucking iphone 7 and no bullshit
>>
>>54643885
IPad pro would have sold better with an Intel and osx.
>>
>>54643805
>buying a stock after it's already gone up 10,000%
brilliant investing
>>
>>54642204
>stock is overvalued and overpriced
>hugely expensive, everyone trying to buy
>stock prices begin to normalize, evaluations shifting to normal levels
>/g/ - "I spent the morning googling stock terms while mom was making breakfast."
>>
>>54643849
How about you grow up and not wish for a very likely fatal accident just because you personally don't like a company's products?

>>54643829
There is no way their car project would tank the entire company even if it totally bombs. They're just not putting that much of their resources into it.

A more likely scenario is that they simply wither away steadily with declining profits in their mobile and PC markets due to everyone else shitting on them.

The cash reserve thing isn't as safe as people think it is. What tends to happen in situations of a declining company with a big reserve is that they they tend to make big purchases, and if those big purchases don't revitalize their company... they go down real quick. Big reserves are practically never used to merely slow down decline. That's pretty much admitting defeat. Much better to at least attempt a winning move at great risk.
>>
>>54643947
>What tends to happen in situations of a declining company with a big reserve is that they they tend to make big purchases

Holy shit you just described Oracle and MS.

Crossing fingers for their complete decline
>>
>>54643760
Not this time.

Even if it has a dip it will a shallow one.
>>
>>54643876
People hate what they can't afford or understand
>>
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5Eixic+interactive#{"allowChartStacking":true}
https://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI+Interactive#{"allowChartStacking":true}
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AAPL+Interactive#{"allowChartStacking":true}

Hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>54643805
Goodness a whole billion dollars? That's sure to offset the 240 billion dollars they have lost since august last year
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.