[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which framework do you use/prefer and why? I learned Laravel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: lgwmtzgjffojbsxhonwj.jpg (32 KB, 760x320) Image search: [Google]
lgwmtzgjffojbsxhonwj.jpg
32 KB, 760x320
Which framework do you use/prefer and why?

I learned Laravel a year ago in college but had no use for it so I haven't used it since.
I'm learning rails now for my job. So far it seems easier and faster to get things up and running.
>>
Django, pretty comfy because python
>>
Flask because I like small and straightforward.
>>
>No JS framework on that list
all 3 are garbage
nodeJS +reactJS +mongoDB nigga
>>
>>54638656
Explain?
I'm fairly new to web frameworks. I just figured those were the big 3
>>
>using a Framework

That reminds me- do children still have plastic steering wheels for the back of the car? "Brm Brm! I'm a driver"
>>
django because of django admin
flask for allowing me to do things my way
>>
>>54638757
Autism
>>
I either use Springboot or some Node.js shit like express.js and some browserified, shit frontend.

Never saw a use case for the other memey scripting language frameworks.
>>
>>54638593
Django

For work and personal use. It's flexible and quick as hell
>>
>>54638757
yeah, because reinventing the wheel all the time is genius.

It's really genius to also have to fucking maintain security fixes for your shitty reinventions as well.

Countless man hours were spent on these shitty frameworks for a reason. You're a fucking retard to NOT use them.
>>
File: 1463495542061.gif (1021 KB, 235x156) Image search: [Google]
1463495542061.gif
1021 KB, 235x156
>>54638757
You're right, let's do everything the long and hard way. Why buy a new car when you could reinvent the wheel and build one from scratch?
>>
>>54638593
iron because it just werks.
>>
>>54638724
they're garbage because python and php are shit for a multitude of reasons. mainly lack of cohesive design or future roadmap.

Node.js was built for I/O problems and web apps are literally I/O problems.
Plus it helps that you can share frontend and backend code as well with shit like browserify.
>>
What does /g/ think of Sinatra? So far it seems simple and comfy.
>>
>>54639065
it's ruby and should thus be avoided.
>>
>>54638656
this, switched from laravel to node.. its much more fun
>>
>>54639006
>for a multitude of reasons
>only mentions vague meme reasons
>>
>>54639101
Autism
>>
>>54638593
node.js/express

just werks
>>
ITT: anons unironically defending django even though the massive Panama papers leak happened through that very framework

Brm Brm!
>>
>>54639529
where is this defending happening?
>>
I prefer rails. Sure it's slow but it's got a lot of neat stuff in it.
>>
Rails because I don't know shit about laravel or Django.
>>
>>54638593

There are so many cool Frameworks, I don't know why everybody is always talking about the meme frameworks.

Python has also Flask.
Ruby has.. oh well, so many brilliant web frameworks: Sinatra, Cuba, Rack, Nanoc, ... too many to list them all.

>I'm learning rails now for my job. So far it seems easier and faster to get things up and running.

In the beginning Rails is pretty good in "getting things done". Nevertheless, the whole Rails ecosystem is pretty damn complex, if you really want to understand what's happening under the hood you have to put the same effort in it as for Django or Laravel..

Anyway, the bottom line is Rails, Django and Laravel are some of the best frameworks ever created (with differnt pros and cons). You can't really go wrong with either of them..
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.