[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/, lost my job today, state-side engineering org downscaling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1455162556893.jpg (18 KB, 565x596) Image search: [Google]
1455162556893.jpg
18 KB, 565x596
Sup /g/, lost my job today, state-side engineering org downscaling just so Dinesh can write code twice as shitty for half the price. Should I drink the koolaid and learn Ruby so my job hunt is easier, or retain my dignity? I'm at a pretty low point so my judgement is clouded, do right by me.
>>
fuck pajeet
learn python
go for google

don't let your dreams be dreams
>>
>>54638510
Swallow your pride and learn ruby (on snails)
>>
>being a wagecuck
>>
Learn Fortran. Then go into Web Development, make big money
>>
>>54638510
Install gentoo.
>>
>>54638564
>mfw I can buy 6 4 TB hard drives every week and have money left over
Meanwhile you're sitting here trying to find out how to convert your fucking pngs to jpg so you can save 50 kb on your fucking NEETfaggot toaster.
>>
>>54638686
>projecting this hard
I'm saving up my neetbuxs every month so I'll never have to work a day in my life. Meanwhile, you're slaving away to make the jews rich like a good goyim and always being tired and miserable. I'm truly free
>>
>>54638510
I guess we gotta go fuck Dinesh and his business then.
>Fly to India
>Attempt to locate Dinesh
>Find all of his family members
>8 year old bride tells you where to meet him
>Walk into slums of calcutta
>Dimly lit streets, hard to see anything
>Mud everywhere even though it hasn't rained for a long time
>Must just be the tropics
>Locate his workshop
>Dingy shack perched on the balcony of another building
>Dinesh is inside
>Staring intently at his Micron
>Prepare to ravage his asshole
>Shit flows over your entire penis and bush as you attempt to penetrate
>Ignore shit, penetrate anyway
>Dinesh dies from dysentary
>Attempt to flee
>Trip on mud
>Face first in shit
>Designated shitting streets
>>
>>54638602
It's funny, my co-workers and I used to joke about learning fortran so we could double our salary and never be fired. Hindsight is 20-20...

>>54638537
At this point, I'm pretty sure there are more reasons not to work at Google than to work at Google. Good (but not uncommon) salary + name recognition, versus questionable interview methodologies + shitheads like Tony Fadell running/ruining things
>>
>>54638686
not that guy but
can I see your pay check?
>>
>>54638686
$4000 a week isnt that impressive

MAYBE if it was after taxes, but we all know that isnt what you are trying to say
>>
>>54638865
and naturally i meant to say $4000 a month, not week.
>>
>>54638833
Cheapest 4TB drive is $100 on Amazon. That's just about $31k/year. Not hard to afford if you don't live on NEETbucks
>>
>>54638865
>>54638884
Of course it isn't impressive. Wagie has to think how much money he makes makes him worth anything and not a tool. Remember wagie, I'm truly free. There is no need to have a job in the year 2016.
>>
>>54638950
>There is no need to have a job
you think your neetbux materialize themselves into existence?
>>
>>54638971
You don't need one and there will always be useful idiots to keep generating the neetbux for me.
>>
>>54638783
Underrated post
>>
>>54639037
What happens when everyone becomes a neet?
>>
>>54638758
lol..the projection defense. You are aware that using it means a nerve was hit. Your neetbux come from us who work. You are full stupid to think that being a useless leech in life is a win.

You are hardly free. The minute some political decision is made, your neetbux can dry up quick. Then you are a homeless fuck who no longer is being carried like a child through life.

Ya shithead, you're free, as long as someone decides to let you be free.....does that sound ...free?

You my friend are a bigger little bitch than any wage slave..at least they can go someplace else to earn their money if one place says no. You though..only one tit to suck off of and when it dries up...you starve.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (37 KB, 740x318) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
37 KB, 740x318
>>54638833
This is a slow week, so we're "discouraged" from getting overtime. Usually it's a lot higher since overtime is 1.5x, and if I work Sunday it's counted as double time. I know you can pull higher hourly wages in some place like California, but for the low cost of living in my state this is near the top for non-management shit.
After taxes it was about 800 for this week.
>>
>>54639301
>implying I don't have a stash of neetbux saved away
>implying I won't be collecting inheritance
>implying I'll ever lose my neetbux
Keep raging wagie. Maybe your boss mr noseberg will toss you an extra shekel for being a good shabbos goy. Maybe I'll go check out some steam games to buy you paid for later today.
>>
>>54639301
>Needing to justify yourself this hard
Why are wagecucks so insecure?

You can easily make a semi-decent living if you live in the first world and are under neetbux.
Keep working for us and giving them a living for free while I spend the whole day watching moeshit in my office.

t. owner
>>
>>54639353
Pretty gud anon
>>
>>54639373
haha....I can smell you from here.
>>
>>54639384
Semi-decent? Are you kidding? What planet are you from that those on welfare live semi decent? That right there kind of indicates just how comfortable you are at the bottom. Are you European by chance?
>>
>>54639477
not him

try living in a third world shithole making half as much as people in neetbux for working 12 hours a day.
Yes, neetbux is actually decent, even if the living expenses are higher, even more considering they are doing absolutely nothing

I make $200 a month for working 9 hours a day, 7 days a week in a job where I get called a spic by middle class americans all day for fucks sake
>>
I just got laid off too. I'm OK though cause I had a savings and got a nice severance. Taking a vacation.

Don't stress out too much. The economy ain't that bad. Figure out what is going to make you happy then get on unemployment and work towards that goal.
>>
>>54639578
>>54639613
This is why I'm voting for Bernie Sanders. Feel the bern motherfuckers.
>>
>>54639613
They're paying me through the end of the month + severance, could definitely be worse. Job hunting just fucking sucks, I can count the number of competent first- or third-party recruiters I've dealt with on one hand.
>>
>muh neetbux meme
that shit actually exists? don't you have to be severely mentally disabled to receive a pension?
I don't even think someone like Terry the schizo can claim that kind of pension.
>>
>>54639885
You can get neetbux easily in America.
>>
>>54639922
doubt it
>>
>>54638510

You see, you spend a lot of time with your programming langauge later on, so if you want to learn it, you should like it.
>>
>>54638510

1) work as freelancer
2) extremely low price
3) work for indian company
4) all you do is copy and paste from stack overflow
5) take back what's yours
6) profit
>>
>>54639301
lol you don't even have to spell it out for him. NEETs are like caged pathetic hamsters that we keep locked up and pathetic so we don't have to inhale their disgusting body odour when they accidentally venture outside. NEETs deserve to die in their boxes.
>>
>>54639578
Well that sucks man. I won't say what I do but it is pretty chill and get to work from home..would hate to get shit on all day. I am guessing you are in the hospitality industry..what at a vacation destination?
>>
File: 1457405527208.png (113 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457405527208.png
113 KB, 1200x1200
Vote Trump. Get money. Start a big beautiful family. MAGA
>>
>>54640740
>voting for a meme candidate
>>
File: 1443852101442-0.jpg (80 KB, 712x468) Image search: [Google]
1443852101442-0.jpg
80 KB, 712x468
>>54640755
>being an open borders traitor
>>
>>54638510
why not ruby? alternatively, python is nice and asked for.

what are you doing right now that you could "loose your dignity" with those? are you some kind of shitty c# asshole who thinks the .net stack was made by god to replace sliced bread?
>>
>>54638783
this is bad
>>
>>54640764
>implying open borders is a bad thing
>implying Bernie Sanders isn't the best man for the job
>>
File: 1439006005583.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1439006005583.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>54641328
>implying your Savior doesn't agree with me and the God Emperor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vOKKMipSA&t=5m55s

>"open borders is a Koch brother's proposal"
>not even knowing your candidate's positions
>>
>>54640820
I don't have an issue with Python, but I do think Ruby is a poorly designed language (and for the record, I consider C# a well designed language that unfortunately grew up in an abusive home).

A couple of years ago I figured I should learn Ruby and/or Node, since both saw an explosion in popularity. I discovered Ruby to be ugly and slow, and, true to its goal of being a "natural" programming language, had an arbitrarily defined syntax codified only in the reference implementation. Node had callbacks out the ass, but at least I could use promises instead. So that's the route I went.
>>
>>54641884

How much did you make last year ?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.