[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here constantly shit themselves thinking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1460986293866.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1460986293866.png
9 KB, 426x364
Does anyone else here constantly shit themselves thinking about how amazing the internet is? Even when I'm not thinking about it it constantly amazes me as to how much the internet has influence over our daily lives. It is virtually impossible to cut yourself off of it's influence in one way or another.

It constantly amazes me that something with such a simple premise of "hey let's connect these computers through a virtual network" (all new words that had no meaning decades ago) and opened a Pandora's box of learning, resource and information. At first we were like "I don't know what the fuck to do with this", and it gradually evolved into sharing information about anything to videos, music, social networking, criminal organisation etc. It's amazing what people do and the ideas we have when we're connected.

Here I am having a philosophical bullshit rant at 2:00AM waiting for a game I purchased to download. Before the internet I'd have to physically go somewhere to get what I want. Now it fucking amazes me that ANY information that can be housed through a digital medium can be downloaded through a computer at my whim. Same goes for news articles, music and learning resources I'm constantly in awe of the type of information and what people get up to on the internet.

I didn't start using the internet in my house until like maybe 2007 and I remember seeing Harry Potter and those moving newspaper pictures and thought "wow that will never become a reality". In essence it's true because physical pictures can't move but it's been replaced by something so much more superior that updates in seconds and where things are archived and if you look hard enough you can find almost anything. No more of this burning of the Library of Alexandria type shit where humanity will have lost knowledge. I am so grateful the internet exists as a time capsule of what humanity is up to good and bad.

>inb4 OP is faggot
>>
>>54636046
It amazes me since just 10 years ago I could keep living my life without getting close to a computer and now is practically impossible, a cell phone with Internet seems to be a must nowadays and even my grandparents have facebook, check mails and that kind of stuff, I really hope people start to get more conscious about how lucky they are by having access to a lot of useful information and not just fall for the consumerism meme
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>54636106
Really it's all been about connivence. I am very grateful since I live in a remote part of the world but don't feel any more isolated as to what's happening about the things I care about. The other day I went to a Sunday market type shit and found comics that were like "New Zealand edition! Local Dunedin pressing!" I was like what the fuck how old are these? They definitely don't do those anymore since the www came about. Back then people thought the internet was a meme fad. Look how far it's come right?
>>
>>54636046
Yeah, but at the same time, online connectedness seems to make people more disconnected offline.

Or maybe it just allowed social shut-ins to finally be able to completely lead their lives online.
>>
>>54636108
thanks fampai
>>
>>54636193
I won't lie I like wasting time online as much as I like being outdoors. Idk a good internet connection and a computer are a hermits paradise.....been there, done that
>>
>>54636154
New Zealand is considered a remote and isolated place? It actually seems like a comfy place to live and with Internet I don't think it has anything to ask to other countries
>>
File: 1457694856156.png (33 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1457694856156.png
33 KB, 520x390
>>54636247
maybe not Auckland but Dunedin maybe yes. Our internet's bretty gud but it could be better
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.