[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /g/-men, meet my college's online email client. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: seriously dude.png (42 KB, 1104x231) Image search: [Google]
seriously dude.png
42 KB, 1104x231
Dear /g/-men, meet my college's online email client.
This bug breaks the entire website, you can't even read any emails.
It has been doing this for over 2 fucking years since i started here.
I've gone to the helpdesk there multiple times, even with a fucking solution, but nothing happened.
I just sent them a slightly angry email demanding change and all.

Their response of all the times i physically visited them:
>Have you tried using a different browser?

The most infuriating this is that another browser actually WORKS, but not for the reason it should.
Only browsers who let websites execute an image as if it was javascript work with this program.
I told them repeatedly to change the MIME-type, but they didn't.

>why do people do this to a >30k userbase?
>>
>>54634364
They also simply refuse to open up the ports of the email server so we can use our own email clients.
>that's because it's more secure
The staff has a different domain for their email addresses and they can use their own email clients because they opened up the servers for them.
>>
>>54634364
"$" is definitely a Pajeet code. That's why it doesn't work.
>>
If you're stupid enough, you will find a exploit and publicly expose it, then suggest your solution.
>>
>>54634411
It's made by an OK-tier company.
I guess this shows why it never needs more jQuery or other libraries.
In this case it uses moo-tools.
>>
>>54634436
Dude, it's not an exploit or something.
It just fails to use moo-tools because the browser restricts it from using images as javascript.
>>
>>54634364
Only lazy fucks uses JS frameworks. So run this client in Palemoon or other insecure meme browser in VM and move on.
>>
>>54634534
>insecure meme browser
This is part of the problem.
The webmail used to function properly until someone decided to update it.
The tester tested this on insecure meme browsers only, and since then, we're fucked.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.