[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your personal view on phones life span? What phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1257957565732.jpg (44 KB, 790x507) Image search: [Google]
1257957565732.jpg
44 KB, 790x507
What is your personal view on phones life span?

What phone do you have?
-Physical endurance
-Design
-Social shame over old phone
-Gets slow/lagging

I'll begin:
Samsung S5, expect 4 years before it's useless?
-It is still mint
-Not bad, it's just minor difference with newer models in my eyes
-Some shame, my friends got dollah and switches to the latest models
-Lags as soon as two things are going on at once. Slightly anoying, only reason to upgrade to new phone at this point
>>
>>54634201
>touchwizz
>>
>>54634201
First 2 years of Galaxy S4 (no custom software, was newfag then). Ran great, no issues, maybe two factory reset.
Next 6 Months, battery became meh, barely a full day. Do lot of power saving.
Next 3 Months, phone randomly turns off. Sim card not detected half the time.
Next 3 months, phone turns off for any charge under 70%. Pinkish screen, Sim card barely recognized.

2 years for functional usage is the standard. Phones aren't made to last much longer, they're designed for you to always buy a new one (it's a consumer normy tech remember). You can push to 3 maybe 4 if you're a godsend, but i took good care of mine.

Tldr 2 years
>>
Galaxy S2 master race reporting in. 4 or 5 years.

Dropped it over 50 times.

No problems so far.
>>
It's an outrage that they are made to last 2 years. Hardware should handle more than that, right? Hack it and install custom OS?
>>
>>54634201
I'm not a consumerist slave so durability is important for me.

It's one of the reasons I chose not to buy an amoled phone. And since the only other phone that had an all-metal body was made by HTC, I got a M8.

It's as good as new. No dents, no scratches, no chips.
Great design, it's a classic among phones, an icon in the history of smartphones.
I don't mind having a 2014 flagship. As long as I like it and it serves its purpose well, it's good. I don't feel the need to have the latest phone model.
It currently rocks Marshmellow, without any lag. Apps only become laggy after they get updates, this is pretty much developers' fault. They are adding features which are not optimised for even a 2 year old phone. The OS itself is not and was not laggy after I upgraded it. It was faster, actually.
Individual apps may get slower though, once they get frequent upgrades.

Overall, I'm happy with the phone, I don't need a new phone and probably won't for at least one or two years.
>>
Moto E 2nd gen
It has Gorilla Glass and an inbuilt bumper around it, bulky as fuck
Curved, rubber back, rubber bumper, huge bezels, pretty much built to last but not very pretty
My friends have even crappier phones, none of them really care about technology
Smooth as butter, but I use very few apps and I'm always closing background processes so no lag ever
>>
>>54636038
OP here
Does HTC still sell M8, or have they come with a newer model of it? Sounds better than Galaxy, And I want a phone with less lag now. I just found out I'll get a lot of money soon, so I'm upgrading every aspect of my life.
>>
>>54636082
Moto E doesn't look bad at all, I wouldn't say it look bulky from the pics? Is it another feel to it irl?

I jave forgotten all about Motorola, they haven't been in stores here since the 90s as far as I know.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.