[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering how locked down it is and how constantly shoved down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Considering how locked down it is and how constantly shoved down everyone's throats it is, why does Windows 10 look like shit? Why couldn't Microsoft give more options to people?

This is literally single colored blocks with letters. You can't just get this lazy and expect people to want to use your shit every single fucking day. It's clear they didn't hire a single designer.
>>
>>54633243
To be fair, if windows 10 have something good is it looks gorgeous.
>>
>>54633269
Said no one ever
>>
>>54633269
How does it look gorgeous? It's distracting how bad it looks. It's inconsistent, uses different font rendering for different elements, everything is freaking flat and plain white with just colored borders. It's lazier than material design and I'm not fucking kidding here.

At least 7 and 8.1 to some extent have ways of changing defaults.
>>
>>54633340
Using high dpi screen. If you set the text size to 100% instead of the default 125% things are fine and font rendering is perfect and consistent in all elements.

Everything is flat but pleasant and things are easy to see, icons are very good.

Desktop effects are fast and smooth, no tearing or slowness like on linux. You even have virtual desktops and expo.

I love linux but Windows have won again in this area.
>>
>>54633399
>things are fine and font rendering is perfect and consistent in all elements

Stopped reading there
>>
>>54633243
Still looks better than every Linux DE without heavy modding
>>
>>54633399
I hope you get raped by a bunch of wild erotic moneys. Then proceed to bread un-conditionally and breed a super erotic monkey race that will inherit the world and call you mum.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.