[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SSD suggestion and setup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160519_124251.jpg (1 MB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_124251.jpg
1 MB, 1728x3072
So /g/, I am torn between a Kingston UV300 240gig ssd and a Samsung 840 240gig ssd. Which should I go for? Kingston is cheaper btw.

And how do I set up Dual Hard disk on my Pavilion G6?

Currently I have a Conventional 5400RPM 1TB HDD in the Laptop's bay. and I bought a HDD caddy bay (12.7mm)

My intention is to use the ssd as main (that has o.s) and hdd sitting in the caddy as storage.

But how do I copy the C:\ drive from HDD to SSD without using usb adapter and how I remove C: from HDD after I am done putting SSD in main drive bay?

Will this work? Found no tutorial that has this cleared?
>>
>>54631199
>install ssd to bay
>boot liveusb
>copy
>swap dicks into final configuration
also,
>using windows
>>
>>54631229
Got mint, don't want to go through the trouble of cloning it to, can reinstall it later btw. Will fixmbr, remove mint and then do the cloning .

Boot live usb (ubuntu) and use dd?
>>
Googled myself about this for my future ssd. Try with disk imaging. Also I'd go with Samsung because Kingston had some speed issues but it was long ago so take this with a grain of salt
>>
>>54631507
>disk imaging ?
>>
>>54631606
Google it, don't know shit, didn't bother searching more
>>
>>54631199
850 evo or Kingston one.
you don't want that crippling performance of 840.
>>
>>54631199
>Samsung 840
No. They are inherently flawed. The NAND they used degrades data over time.
>>
>>54631639
Cunt, Google gives jackshit half written How To's from HowToGeek and Lifehacker. Last thing I want to do is be with an unbootable laptop.
>>
Just backup the shit you need and reinstall a clean OS. That is always nice.
>>
>>54631797
Not OP

How are the Mushkin SSD's? I was looking at the Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 1TB.
>>
>>54631926
Reinstall is a hassle. Don't want to go through that.
>>
>>54631903
Can't help you more, I just read it somewhere and have no idea how it werks. Ideally you create a disk image of the HDD with proper software and then write it onto ssd. That's as far as I know
>>
>>54631947
As much of a hassle as not knowing what you are fucking doing and coming to a website full of strangers hoping they will give you what you need?

lmao
>>
>>54631270
This
>>
>>54631932
>budget SSD
>1 TB
Enjoy having all the shit you store on it go poof.
>>
>>54631199
DO NOT USE KINGSTON DRIVES
I believe this is the company who sold good drives then got good reviews and started selling shitty ones instead.

Using a Samsung ssd right now, legit one of the greatest decisions I've made yet
>>
>>54631199
has anyone noticed OP is a Pajeet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.