[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /g/ i just got a terminal emulator for my android. I use linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: QuickMemo+_2016-05-18-21-53-16.png (180 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-05-18-21-53-16.png
180 KB, 1440x2392
Ok /g/ i just got a terminal emulator for my android. I use linux regularly so i know commands. What do?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>54627407
Why?
>>
Revel at how useless Linux is without most of your favorite GNU tools.

Then do whatever the fuck you want to do. The terminal emulator itself is a tool, not a game.

btw if you want to actually do any real work do yourself a favor and install your favorite distribution in a chroot where you'll have all the tools you are used to having
>>
Protect your virginity.
>>
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>54627419
Seriously. OP, what's wrong with you? Why install an app if you have no idea what you'd do with it? Smdh
>>
>>54627407
>No text editor, not even ed.
>Most of the useful tools are not there.
>Bunch of stuff which is not useful is.
>Weird ass file hierarchy.
>bin is in /system so is etc (if you were wondering)
ssh works though which is pretty neat.

>>54627465
android does not have sudo or su.

Unless you are debugging or have a specific use in mind, terminal on android is pretty useless desu sempai.
>>
>>54627618
>he didn't root his phone
>>
The best use i found for it was older versions of android allowed you to set the resolution using the terminal, which if you set it to a equal divisible of your current resolution, along with setting the DPI to match, allowed shitty old phones to run better again

DPI is kinda overrated desu
>>
>>54627635
Not the same thing, android literally does not have a binary for su or sudo.
>>
>>54627635
Why the fuck would you? Are you trying to break it?
>>
>>54627635
OP here
Im fixing to root, just seeing what i can do without it. Already have developer options turned on
>>
>>54627683
Isn't that what stuff like SuperSU is supposed to do?
>>
>>54627618
I downloaded sudo for my android
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.