[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is wrong with my computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_8636.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8636.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So randomly my screen will look like this and then just shut down. It usually does this after about 5 min of being on. But today i got it to work for 1 hour and then it shut down again.
>>
Graphical RAM is faulty most likely. Does the computer appear to function normally during the time that it does this shit?
>>
It has windows. That seems to bee the problem.
Now give me 50 bucks because diagnostics.
>>
1. Check your CPU/GPU temperatures. Preferably, log them to a file, so you don't lose them on crash. If they're high, clean out your system and try re-applying the heatsinks to your CPU and GPU.
2. Run memtest86+ overnight, see if your RAM is going wacky.
3. Try running with onboard graphics instead of a dedicated GPU.

If all of the above are fine, you've probably got a busted motherboard.
>>
no everything stops working except for the mouse
>>
and i doubt id be able to run a test overnight because everything just stops working
>>
>>54624808
It could be a few things. It might be software like the drivers malfunctioning. It might be the GPU dying. Or it could also be the system RAM failing.

If you have two or more DIMMs try pulling all of them except for one out and seeing if the problem persists. If the problem still happens switch the DIMM for another one and see if it still happens. If you're still getting the problem try booting up linux live CD. If it still happens after that then something hardware related has failed. I think the most likely culprit would be either the GPU or the northbridge/southbridge
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.