[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting tired of the now lackluster performance of my 6 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: religious snacks.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
religious snacks.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Getting tired of the now lackluster performance of my 6 year old laptop. Don't own a smartphone, but was considering getting one and ditching the computer altogether. Anyone ever try this? I mostly just browse and watch youtube anyway, and even that I can do on my xbox.
>>
Get an iPhone and a MacBook Pro
>>
give it back Jamal
>>
>>54624553

phones are useless for browsing the web
>>
>>54624553

I did this for a little while after my desktop died. It worked alright because sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day at work anyway, but ultimately left a lot to be desired. Some things just *don't work* on mobile.

How bad is your computer really? specs? you could probably have a very capable machine if you max out the ram and install an SSD.
>>
>>54624553
Install Linux to speed up ur laptop
>>
>6 year old laptop
>lackluster performance
>I mostly just browse and watch youtube anyway
What the fuck? Just how much bloat do you have to have installed to not be able to watch jewtube on a laptop from 2010? I'm typing this from a shitty c2d HP from 2006 (which luckily has Intel graphics, so it won't melt in the near future), and I can watch 1080p and even 720p60 jewtube just fine on this thing. Fucking normalfags, I swear.
>>
>>54624714

Shit just randomly gives me grief. Strange slow downs, programs taking several attempts to work (ex: Skype, calls work after 5 - 6 attemps though that program sucks), explorer crashing.

It's an i5 2.3 ghz, 4 GB of ram, windows 7. Mind you, over the years I've gotten bored with fixing up computers and tinkering with them. Was even considering a Surface Pro 4 just because it seems interesting to me coming from an old laptop.

But you're right, maybe a small upgrade and system format could work wonders.
>>
>>54624932

Never mind that.
>>
>>54624553
go with chromebook
>>
>>54624961
>i5 2.3GHz + 4G RAM
>lackluster performance

I have a seven year old HP 2730p, core 2 duo and 4G RAM, came with win vista. I run Debian + XFCE and the thing flies... I can browse the web, watch movies, even play some video games. As soon as I can spare $200 I'm gonna put another 4G stick of RAM and a 256G SSD.

Computing, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>54624553
install a new ssd

unless its overheating put loonix on it and yer good

if overheating eliminate dust and reapply thermal paste
>>
>>54624961
>Shit just randomly gives me grief. Strange slow downs
>It's an i5 2.3 ghz, 4 GB of ram, windows 7
Hardware looks okay, just slap an SSD + clean install and it'll live again.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.