[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIRE ME GOOGLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
I hope whoever approved the Google Home project is on the street right now. What a waste of money and resources. Did no one stop and think "hmmm maybe people aren't comfortable having their voices being recorded at all times during the day"?
>>
>"hmmm maybe people aren't comfortable having their voices being recorded at all times during the day"
someone at amazon thought that as well, just before they sold 3 million echoes.
>>
Tech companies discovered no one cares about that shit, unless it is another person holding the camera. Mainly because they are afraid of the video winding up on youtube and becoming viral.
>>
OP do you actually think you're right? Google Home will sell like crazy. I'm going to buy one. Are you worried that the device will be recording everything? If you're posting on /g/ then you should know that something like that is trivially easy to detect and Google is not stupid.

The device is going to be scrutinized by nerds all over the world including yourself and all you will find is that it does nothing different than typing your searches into Google manually.

I hope you use a Windows Phone (lmfao) or else you are one stupid piece of hypocritical trash.
>>
>>54624362
This, echo was selling way to much to ignore. Still don't understand the point.

My parents were gifted one and returned it because they read reviews and literally couldn't find a reason to use it.
>>
>>54624340
I know someone working on the software of Google Home

this is all I can say without saying too much: do not buy
>>
I'm going to pre-order one the moment the page goes live.
>>
File: feature-hero.jpg (214 KB, 1366x557) Image search: [Google]
feature-hero.jpg
214 KB, 1366x557
>>54624340
Amazon Echo does the same thing; it's doing fine. Turns out people like the convenience.
>>
>>54624362
Whats a echo? Seriously without googling I have no idea
>>
>>54625707
Then why does my android phone not recognize my voice offline?
Why do I need the internet turned on to tell it what album to play?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.