[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fellow autis/g/ts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 8mVQtIH.gif (11 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
8mVQtIH.gif
11 KB, 640x400
Assuming I lock myself in my bedroom and work on learning programming every waking hour of my life, how long would it take for me to be at an employable level of competence? For the sake of convenience let's say I want to be employed as a backend web developer.

Is this a possibility at all for a non-STEM non CS major at all? I'm assuming at least some of you had to have experienced or done something similar. Tell me your success stories, employed folk of /g/
>>
Off yourself.
>>
couple years
>>
>>54616335

10,000 hour rule. Although you'd probably just watching anime and jerking off though.
>>
I learned CS completely on my own over the last 5 years of my k-12 schooling. It is completely possible to learn programming outside of a college scenario. What it takes more than anything is a genuine interest in your work.

Getting to an employable junior-level position could be achievable within 2-4 weeks of really buckling down. There are so many learning resources online that you will probably spend the most time trying to pick one.
>>
6 months to a year. Depends. There are plenty of dumb programmers who shouldn't be near a keyboard but somehow convinced HR that they should be hired. There are plenty of great programmers who are too socially awkward to convince employers to pay you for what you do.

No one becomes a programmer overnight. It takes a lot of discipline and patience. Lacking those, you are the "programmer" everyone else on a team hates and gets dummy distraction work.

>mfw there are CS degree holders who don't know the difference between copy paste / cut paste
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.