[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My main computer sometimes doesn't open Google or YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1405675719467.png (152 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1405675719467.png
152 KB, 269x270
Windows 8, tried some trouble-shooting on my own.
>edited hosts to force IPv4
>changed DNS servers, even though mine was Google's
>Cleared cache
>disabled AdBlock

It's very odd because there's nothing stopping my tablet, laptop and any other computer from using those websites. Any ideas on what could be happening?
>>
is the date and time correct?
if all fails
try a system restore to a date everything worked.
>>
Just ran ComboFix, didn't solve it. I'm going through the archives and other people had the same issue with no apparent fix.
>>
>>54614198
>My main computer sometimes doesn't open Google or YouTube for apparently no reason
What does this mean exactly? Could you elaborate more on the symptoms you experience; tell us even the smallest thing you can remember?
>>
>>54614848
To be more specific, sometimes it opens google sites and sometimes it just doesn't: regardless of browser, it just stays there trying to connect until it gets a DNS error that cannot be the real reason because other computers connected through wi-fi and cable are still working.

Just now, for example, I had to refresh the window until the reCAPTCHA would work so I could post this.
>>
I removed New Tab Redirect from Chrome and ran Chromium once and it seems to have fixed it for good (at least so far). No idea of what happened, just posting it in case someone browsing the archive is running out of ideas.
>>
>>54616170
Disregard that, the issue is back and the site is accessible from a VPN too so I am running out of options.
>>
>>54616889
What AV software are you using?
Are you connected thru wifi, lan?
What modem/router do you have?
>>
>>54616956
>What AV software are you using?
None, but ran Malwarebytes, Combofix, TFC and HijackThis trying to fix this.

>Are you connected thru wifi, lan?
Lan, there are other computers connected through wifi and lan with no issues

>What modem/router do you have?
Intelbras WRN240, Brazilian shit really. Shouldn't be the source of it, considering other computers are working fine with Google sites.
>>
>>54617066
>None
First problem, you could have a rootkit if none of those find any issue. Try ADWcleaner too and Malwarebytes anti rootkit.
Worst case scenario, it will be better to make a backup and reinstall, and use an AV next time, Kaspersky is one of the best and you can use a trial reset crack for it.
Another test would be to boot from a linux distro like ubuntu and test the connection on it. If it still fails, then its your modem.
>Shouldn't be the source of it
There is cases where only one of the devices connected to cheap modems have trouble and its the modem fault.
Try to reset the settings on the modem (15seconds on the reset modem), disable WPS, Make a strong WPA2 password or call the company and complain that your devices couldn't access the internet until they give you a new one.
>>
>>54617141
Going to try these right now, thank you!
>>
Update: tried both and they didn't work, but it is now affecting other devices (laptop, phone) around the house, so I'm assuming it's either the ISP or the router.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.