[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's Android pay here? just went live in the UK, seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Android-Pay.jpg (328 KB, 1280x650) Image search: [Google]
Android-Pay.jpg
328 KB, 1280x650
Who's Android pay here?
just went live in the UK, seems pretty decent, and is pretty great as i don't have to keep my purse with me all the time.
>>
Samsung pay is better.
>>
>>54613538
>using a device with touchwiz
>>
>>54613535
>purse
>>
Never tried it, I know here in Australia that basically every store supports tap and go, so I would imagine that Android Pay has similar compatibility

I haven't seen a store that doesn't support Tap and Go for about 2 or 3 years now
>>
I have it and Apple Pay and I'm not a huge fan of either.

>Android pay
>very limited bank support
>if you don't have a fingerprint reader the PIN is a pain in the ass

>Apple Pay
>limit of eight cards in total means I can't add all my credit and debit cards

>for both
>In the US NFC readers at points of sale work less than half the time
>even when they do work swiping or dipping the chip would be faster

I miss when the actual cards had RFID chips. Sure penetration of the readers at stores was not great but when a store did have the reader it worked consistently.
>>
>use android pay
>leave wallet at home
>phone runs out of battery
>can't pay for anything
Great invention you got there
>>
I have root and it doesn't work what do I do?
>>
>>54613535
>not using the built in NFC transfer function with your banking app
>giving your bank details to google or samsung

fucking retards
>>
>>54613714
Samsung Pay has some actual benefits though, namely MST that emulates the magstripe, so you can use it anywhere - not just places with NFC readers.
>>
>>54613714
only my credit card supports that and I rarely use the thing
>>54613680
that is true, but I've set a rather simple pattern to try it, and its great that I don't need my oyster card anymore,
>>
>>54613535
>my purse
Anon, crossdressing is gay
>>
>>54613538
Give three reasons why.
>>
>>54613746
How well does it actually work? I've never seen anyone use it.
>>
>>54613869
Good.
>>
>>54613869
No u
>>
>>54613688
It's still one extra failsafe.
>>
>>54613535
No thanks NFC is riddled with exploits
>>
>>54613714
this
>>
>hold phone over nfc reader
>spinning circle
>Cashier stares at me
>Have to unlock phone
>Repeat process
>Phone vibrates at random during this whole thing
>"Sorry your transaction cannot be processed"
>Wallet is already out since I got carded buying beer
>Pull out debit card and swipe instead, over in 10 seconds
>Cashier continues to stare through my soul

I only use it for vending machines and such now, plus I hate having the nfc icon in the status bar. On top of that I've even had cashiers lie and say the nfc payment system is broken because they don't want to deal with it.
>>
>>54613538
Is there anything else that replaces credit or debit cards with magnets inside the phone? I don't think android pay is like this.
>>
>>54614502
This isn't a problem on the Apple iPhone 6S Plus.
>>
>>54614331
Works anywhere
I can name more, but that one reason is better.
>>
>>54614861
Nope.
>>54614356
It is amazing, literally works anywhere.
>>
>>54614502
As a cashier its no big deal, honestly as long as you're using contactless cards/apple pay whatever you're fine.

its when you start handing me $20 for a $2 drink or counting out the exact change for 5 minutes that i think you're an asshole
>>
>>54613680

How do you have more than 8 cards that you use regularly enough to need them on your phone? Most people here (United Kaliphate) have a debit card or two and maybe, but not always, a credit card or two. Is it an American thing?
>>
>>54613535
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>54617057
>Is it an American thing?
Yea

first world benefits amirite?
>>
>>54617057
Because different cards have different rewards, and I am always churning a few.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.