[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wherever I look people the reviews are saying really great things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: nvidia.png (600 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
nvidia.png
600 KB, 800x533
Wherever I look people the reviews are saying really great things about the 1080. However when you crunch down the numbers, the 1080 is really only about ~20% faster than reference 980ti.

980ti can OC a ton and get 20% performance boost on top, thus equaling out. So where's the point in this side grade?

I know 1080 can OC too, but from the OCs the performance increase average seems to be about 10%, so overall, OC vs OC, the card is only about 10% better. This seems eerily underwhelming given that its MORE EXPENSIVE than 980ti and aiming for 980 tier market. Their 1080ti version will surely hit >1200 for sure if the pricing ratio has increased or stayed same
>>
>>54613286
You're correct, but the Nvidia fanboys have convinced themselves that it's worth the money anyway. All the people who were planning to buy one before the reviews came out on the tech forum I post on are still buying one. It's their money I guess.
>>
>>54613286
Power consumption
30% more perf. When OC than 980 at least... it is still better
VR optimization and the multiple display tering thing

However the SLI key and price are a shitty thing
And i see people speculating on other downsides
>>
Did you check out Tek Syndicate? That seemed to be one of the more objective reviews.
>>
>>54614215
>blatant amd marketer
>"objective review"
>>
>>54613286
Minimum and average fps increase is pretty shit honestly its barely 5-10% and the card doesnt run that much better at 2.1ghz
>>
>>54613999
50W is nothing for somebody running a high end system. It's not 30% more performance either. That's a bullshit stock vs stock comparison. The 980 Ti rapidly gains ground on the 1080 once you start overclocking both, as it has more CUDA cores and Pascal is literally just a die shrink.

The rest is driver-level stuff that will be intentionally held back to make Pascal look better. There's literally no reason it couldn't be done on Maxwell too.
>>
>104 C
>not a problem
>>
>>54614215
link plz
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.